Convertible owners chime in, please?

DanVoels

Mustang Addict
Established Member
I'm thinking about buying a light bar for the banana beast (tm). I've heard that you can't lean the seat back very far if you get one, though. I'm 6'2" and like the seat nearly all the way back. Anyone know if that's going to be a problem?

Thanks!

Redwing

Established Member
Mine's fine. You do have to either remove or bend down the seatbelt guide attached to the top of the seat. I wouldn't have a vert without a light bar. Killer looks.
Steve

Redwing

Established Member
Mine's fine. You do have to either remove or bend down the seatbelt guide attached to the top of the seat. I wouldn't have a vert without a light bar. Killer looks.
Steve:burnout:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
it'll be ok. iirc, cdc instructions say to either bend/modify the guides, replace them w/ an earlier year's guide (can't remember which), or just remove them. mine are bent and if you lean the seatback too far back the stock guides (even if bent) will contact the bar.

Zapper

Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
i have a rollcage on mine...looks awesome

Hi Maoun

Do you have any pix of the roll cage we can see ? Where did you get the rollcage from by the way ?

Thanks in advance

DanVoels

Mustang Addict
Established Member
Thx

Thanks for the replies, guys. :) I'll just take off the silly guide. I'm always cursing them anyway, when I have to access the backseat. (Keep it clean! :)

Can you post pictures of the roll cage? Just curious. :)

wculver

600hp is not enough!
Established Member
Contact interactive technologies in Canton GA. They make a seat track designed for the seat to go back farther. They light bar and speedster tonneau cover give the Cobra a whole new look. Although Classic Design Concepts light bar is slightly less expensive, I reccommend the Saleen light bar due to the top notch quality of it.

johng218

Established Member
I bought a set of seat belt guides from my dealer that I saw on a Roush vert in the showroom. I walked back to the parts department and they just so happened to have the set hanging on the wall. The guides are a much lower profile version and are more squared off than the stock ones. I didn't buy them for the light bar, I bought them because every time I would release my seatbelt the stupid thing would go through the big a$$ guide and I would have to reach into the back seat, or so it seemed to get it. I can get part numbers when I get home if anyone is interested. I think they cost around $10 each.

John G

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
I bought a set of seat belt guides from my dealer that I saw on a Roush vert in the showroom. I walked back to the parts department and they just so happened to have the set hanging on the wall. The guides are a much lower profile version and are more squared off than the stock ones. I didn't buy them for the light bar, I bought them because every time I would release my seatbelt the stupid thing would go through the big a$$ guide and I would have to reach into the back seat, or so it seemed to get it. I can get part numbers when I get home if anyone is interested. I think they cost around $10 each.

I'm interested in a part #. I installed a CDC light bar on my vert and had to remove the seat belt guides. Did the Roush vert have a CDC, Saleen, or Other light bar?

johng218

Established Member
It didn't have a bar in it, but I was told by the parts guy that the guides were made for the light bars. They look like they would fit to me as well. I will also try to get a pic posted later.

John G.

a94cobra

Established Member
The Saleen light bar is the CDC light bar. Only difference is the one from Saleen won't have the CDC tag. I got an awesome deal on the whole package from www.haneymotorsports.com They gave me a better price on the Saleen stuff.

If you bend or change the seat belt guides they don't hit the bar, but they will hit the back speaker panels if you lean too far back.

These cars should come with this bar. It looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread