Convertible Owners

03cobrah

Established Member
what do you guys use to take care of your convertible top? there seems to be a lot of products, I'm weary of trying a product that could potentially ruin my top. But i also realize the sun and other outside elements will fade my top down the road.

MysticRob

Established Member
2 products I know of that have good reviews, the previously mentioned Raggtopp, or 303 High Tech Fabric Guard. I used an entire bottle of the 303 on my 'vert's cloth top and it beaded the water nicely the 2 times I washed it, though I have no idea how long it would last on an often-washed top, or a daily driver exposed to the elements (mine was a garage queen).

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
I'll vacuum it and or use a lint roller.. never washed it with water, still looks new.

however it's not a dd, so it only see's nice weather.
It sure would be nice it there was a UV protector for the underside when the roof is down, that bit of headliner that is exposed is showing a bit of fade.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
My car got caught sitting outside in a monster epic rain storm about a month ago - I'm talking people being rescued in boats on the news rain storm. Unfortunately as nice and new as my top still looks, the waterproofing is not great at this point as there was some water in the trunk. I definitely need to retreat mine as a precaution. I plan to use the raggtopp brand.

03cobrah

Established Member
I'll vacuum it and or use a lint roller.. never washed it with water, still looks new.

however it's not a dd, so it only see's nice weather.
It sure would be nice it there was a UV protector for the underside when the roof is down, that bit of headliner that is exposed is showing a bit of fade.

I feel yah on that one. i just purchased raggtop. i only wash my top with water and it still looks good despite being a DD for several years. but i think it's time i use some preventative maintenance on it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I used the 303 product and I thought the results were great. Definite water beading properties. I daily drove this car, too. Whatever you choose....apply it in a dust free and windless environment...and tape the car off well. Overspray is not pretty on paint or glass.

IMG_2974.JPG

IMG_2971.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread