convertible switch e-brake lockout

03Cobvertible

Established Member
Has anyone wired their way around the emergency brake lockout (interlock) for the convertible top switch?

Please don't tell me it's a safety feature, and I should leave it. I've been driving convertibles w/o that feature for the last 15 years, and I've yet to accidently put the top down at 75mph...

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Is it that big of a deal??? I'm sure there us a retard or two out there the would try to put the top down at 75mph and make an instant parachute!

Juiced-03

Established Member
so you're saying you normally put the top down while driving? The e brake feature is there for a reason. Even putting the top down while going 25 mph against the wind can snap the top's support

maoun

Established Member
just click the e-brake up one notch and do it while you're moving slowly....i do that all the time

or just take the wire that runs to the base of the e-brake and ground it.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
what maoun said...i do all the time. It annoys me but I have kids who love the "magic" button, so I like knowing my kids can't turn my car into marry poppins :)

03Cobvertible

Established Member
Thanks guys - I knew about the e-brake trick from other posts I searched guess I'll try that.

If you've ever had a vert w/o that stupid interlock you'd be putting the top up/down while rolling to/from a stop all the time. Once you get used to doing that it's really anoying when you can't anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread