Convertible with gauges step in

srtlat

Established Member
What's your setup?
I need to put in 2 external gauges but not sure if I wanna go pillar or gauges cluster bezel.

Do they make a full dual pillar for a vert?
What's the difference in the hardtops and vert pillars?

And do the half ones require you to drill holes or are they double sided tape?

Thanks

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Speed of Sound (SOS) will take your existing Pillar cover and put a dual gauge pod on it. It really is the best option.

I didn't want to be without the pillar cover - so I ended up buying a used one on eBay and then shipped it on to SOS for them to add the gauge pods.

I've never seen anybody try to put a coupe pillar cover on a vert. But I believe the vert covers are thicker.

olympic

Established Member
xbg46b.jpg

You could do both! :D The A pillar pod is an Autometer 12125 and it fits over the stock pillar trim piece, no drilling. If I had to choose 1 I'd keep the A-pillar just because I like the look of gauges in that location.

toddyfiveo

Established Member
What two gauges are you needing to run? I run one aeroforce interceptor in a steer column pod. It monitors everything I need.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Sos hands down. The verts a pillars are thicker for roll over support so no a coupe version will not fit.

If you are handy, you can buy just the bullet tubes from SOS and install yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread