Convince my dad to buy a cobra.

FattyMcTrickle

Established Member
So my dad drive's a 2001 Mercedes SLK230 bright red, the ultimate woman car and I've just come to realize that his car is worth just about exactly what an 03 or 04 Cobra goes for up here in Seattle. So lately I've been trying to convince him to trade his car in on a Cobra but need some help, he'll be monitoring this thread so help me convince him.

Just for reference this is what his car looks like but without the cool rims.
redcar.gif

Last edited:

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
Whatever you do, don't buy a Cobra! They are way too fast, too easy to mod, and your kid and his friends will suddenly think you are cool!

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
The Benz is nice but I'd go for an 04 Mystic Cobra! :bowdown: You both will love the "whine" and 400+ HP! :pepper:

TayWolf55

Established Member
When my dad got his Cobra everyone wanted to see it / ride in it. :burnout:

... they still do.

I'm sure any other cobra guy is the same way.. but it seems you get a lot of attention...maybe its the screaming yellow and chrome rims? Seems some other mustang guys just about wreck looking at us or trying to egg on the cobra.

03yellow

Established Member
Whenever a middle age guy (like myself) pulls up next to my cobra as it rumbles down the road: I can see him thinking ......man I could have bought that car!

Nope most old guys get the car that their wife wants them to get! you know one thats nice and a little sporty.

This is a real mans muscle car. A car that runs 10s with reasonable mods! A car that everyone looks at!

So heres what your gonna do dad: your going to get another expensive somewhat sporty car or a truck. The only thing worse than a sad looking middle age guy in a somewhat sporty car is the middle age guy who dumped 50,000+ into a truck because his wife said she would go along with it!

Whenever I fire up my car in the morning it says ....you work hard, you deserve me. Then I wake up the neighbors and hit the track to work.

Come on dad, you work hard get the car you've always wanted. Anyone can buy the sucessful businessman car. What you want is muscle! That same car you wanted but never could aford (a ford)when you were a kid.
Guess what .... you can buy it now!!!

ModsAway

Established Member
Two totally different creatures. Prepare to give up the "comforts" of your benz and only do so if you would rather enjoy the FUN of the cobra.

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
Speaking as a Dad, I recommend the Cobra! First, you have to dump that EuroTrash car. They don't like us over there so why support them with our dollars anyway? But, if having $500 oil changes make your day and having a cappuccino machine tickle your nose then stay with the EuroTrash ride.

I'll say this - Every kid's dad in my area loves and drools over my car. And - I LOVE TO DRIVE IT! I even take special pride in not being one of those dads who has to drive a car that every other dad has.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Cause up here in the Seattle area, we have a pretty nice group of people always willing to help out. Check out the West section in the Taste of home.

Rick

03TorchRedCobra

Been around
Established Member
FattyMcTrickle said:
So my dad drive's a 2001 Mercedes SLK230 bright red, the ultimate woman car and I've just come to realize that his car is worth just about exactly what an 03 or 04 Cobra goes for up here in Seattle. So lately I've been trying to convince him to trade his car in on a Cobra but need some help, he'll be monitoring this thread so help me convince him.

I am almost 60 and a grand dad twice and used to drive a 99 vette till a young kid took me a ride in his 03 cobra. Traded my car in that weekend so I could enjoy the thrill of driving a real car before I got too old to enjoy the thrill of going thru the gears as I did in the 60's.

Do it while you can. The cops leave us old people alone on the highway. However, I wouldn't let any teenagers drive my car. They would kill themselves with the power.

Torch

FattyMcTrickle

Established Member
Great stuff guys especially from 03TorchRedCobra that is perfect you've got 9 years on him and drive one. And for reference his car really isn't very comfortable its got a rock solid ride, thin seat pads and tons of rattles, the damn thing doesn't even have a CD player. Not a good example of a Mercedes.

Romans8:28

Established Member
Im 43 and a father of two.............

The Cobra is a hit with everyone, my co-workers are SICK with envy (its easy to tell cause they are green), at stoplights EVERYONE gives thumbs up an looks of approval. The Mustang GT and mach owners are super nice and really seem to dig running into you. Total strangers stop you in parking lots to ask "just how fast is it?" ........... to which you reply "2-fast". Police dig it and actually want to help you "get on it" without getting in trouble. Its as if they know the older guy has paid his dues.

I will ALWAYS drive a Cobra.......... untill I die at age 83 with my hair on fire doing 140+

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Well i know i'm young but all i can say is that my cobra with less then 1,000 dollars in performance parts put into it can now beat my fathers dodge viper. I am happy and he just flicks my off lol. I'm trying to get him into buy a shelby gt500e super snake but i dought thats going to happen. The car rides pretty nice for being a performance car and you would be making a good choice in going with this awsome car that ford has made. When i had a roush gt all i could do was dream about a 03 cobra as my ride. I made it happen and i couldn't be happier. Go out and see if the local dealership still has an 04 on that lot and take it out for a test drive. After that i'm sure that you will be sold on the idea as a 03-04 cobra as your next car. Hope to see another addition to the cobra family and good look with convincing father.

Users who are viewing this thread