Cool Cop?

2tonOfun

Established Member
So last night I am coming back from Blockbuster and I pull onto the freeway on one of my favorite on ramps. It is only one exit away from where I need to be so I usually do a little 0 to whatever blast and then get off.
I get a little sideways going up the onramp and then get into it full throttle with a clear lane ahead of me so I take it up to about 110 and then just as I am letting off, I get lighted from behind.
I pull off on the next offramp and pull into a wide spot for the officers safety.
I roll down my window so that maybe he will not see my tint. He walks up to the other side of course.
Cop; So do you know how fast you were going?
Me; No, not sure.
Cop; well north of 100.
Me; how could that be, I just got on the freeway?
Cop; come on, I know how fast these trucks are.
Me; ok.
At this point I know it's no use to bs the guy. He walks up and looks at my missing front plate and asks "do you have a front plate"? "I think", I say.
So he tells me to sit tight and he's going back to his car to write me a citation.

He comes back and tells me he is just going to issue me a verbal warning for the speed and a "fix it" ticket for the missing plate and my window tint.
I just said "Thank you" because I figured he let me off pretty easy.

Now I just have to remove my tint, temp. mount my plate, get the ticky written off and then re'apply the tint.

I just thought I'd share the story.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
THE chp up in the oside area are prtty kewl....

zip ties for the plate...and removing the tint is not all that hard...I recently got a fix it ticket for the tint on my truck LOL but it was up in the bay area....he was kewl though, didnt say squat about the exhaust or the misssing front plate...guess if I wouldnt have blasted by him....I woiuldnt have drawn attention to myself.....LOL

snownmx

Established Member
i've had that happen, speeding and he was cool and just gave me a fix it for the front plate. things could have been a LOT worse, as u already know..

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Just pay the extra fee to waive having the tint signed off, that way you don't have to remove the tint, then pay to have it reapplied.

Stewart

I'D WIN

Established Member
Just pay the extra fee to waive having the tint signed off, that way you don't have to remove the tint, then pay to have it reapplied.

Stewart

Agreed. That is what I did when I got stopped other than zip-tying the front license plate on for the quick temp fix.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
That was nice of him, I got pulled over a while ago for the bulbs that light up my rear plate were out. He never checked for a front plate thank god, will never put one on. I got a warning and let go. It just sucked as I saw him running radar on the side of the road just past the on ramp and I got passed like I was sitting still and he came after me instead.

Last edited:

SVT Knight

Established Member
WOW your a Lucky Bastard. I got pulled over doing 80 in a 45. the cop was in the other lane and turned around to catch me( i didnt see him @ first). It ended up being 5 points and $290 dollar fine. Still waitning on the court date

Users who are viewing this thread