Coolant crossover hex cap with autometer adapter

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I need one that will fit into the OEM coolant crossover and then accept a mechanical autometer temp sensor. Autometer says that the blue nut on the mechanical temp sensor is 5/8"-18 UNF Female and they sell a 3/8" adapter that the sensor will screw right into. Has anyone used this and had success with the crossover not leaking? I have an hex head stainless plug in there now, but the fitting size is only 1/8". I need that same hex head plug with the correct size for the autometer.

The car currently has the Billet Pro Shop one listed here. BPS Crossover Plug (2003-2004 Cobra)

It's a very nice piece and fits perfect. No leaks at all. Problem is it won't fit the autometer gauge blue nut. It came with the car and I'd like to use it, but I don't see how I can fit the temp sensor nut on there even if I pulled out the threaded 1/8" insert. I used the Midcontintent Mustang adapter on my last car, but I can't find him anymore.

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
What about using a T where the stock sensor is instead?
I thought about that too because I like to have the factory gauges working too. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I know I can't run the gauge in the side of the block like many do because the mechancial temp sensor bottoms out. I'm fine with a T fitting it works.

Users who are viewing this thread