Coolant Crossover Pipe

pbeechner

Established Member
Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out an economical and better looking replacement for my stock coolant crossover on the front of my motor.

Mine looks pretty poor and seems a little fragile for my liking. The alternator mounts to it and I know there is a sensor on the pipe by the driver's side head.

My question is does anyone know of a decent replacement for this? I need to figure out how to sturdily mount the alternator without the crossover pipe as well as figure out how to plumb that sensor in.

Anyone have any ideas? I know MMR sells fittings for the head so I could use steel braided lines but I wouldn't know what to do with the sensor or the alt. bolts....

Any help?

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Never heard of anyone replacing it just for aesthetic reasons.

If it's flaking paint, just pop it out and have it either painted or powdercoated.

pbeechner

Established Member
Yep, lots of flaking paint and surface corrosion, but I'm sure a little media blasting and powder coating would have it looking better than new. I was just trying to figure out if there were any better options.

There is a good powder coater here in Binghamton so I'll probably take it off and get it done, probably in black. Sounds like it is gonna be pretty cheap to buy new coolant and get the thing blasted and coated. Thanks! :banana:

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Yep, lots of flaking paint and surface corrosion, but I'm sure a little media blasting and powder coating would have it looking better than new. I was just trying to figure out if there were any better options.

There is a good powder coater here in Binghamton so I'll probably take it off and get it done, probably in black. Sounds like it is gonna be pretty cheap to buy new coolant and get the thing blasted and coated. Thanks! :banana:
They all peel at some point and yes, your best bet is to remove it and have it powdercoated or in my case, I just sand it down and paint with glossy black Krylon. Look awesome. Good luck.

bglover07

Redneck Fabricator
Established Member
How hard are these crossovers to pop out? I read one guy had to wedge it out with a baseball bat?! mine is rusted to hell but I dont wanna spend 10 hours of labor just to paint something. lol

Users who are viewing this thread