Coolant FLUSH AND FILL KIT

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
I'm taking out my hurt Mishimoto Rad and installing an 03/04 Rad. Now, I know how to do the install but I'm wondering if anyone has ever used the Prestone Flush N Fill kit's and flushed their Cooling System? Only reason I really want to do this is to try and unclog the heater core. I get very little to no heat from it and before I decide to tear the whole dash apart to get to it I'd like to give this a shot now. Has anyone used it? Also, how are the heater core coolant lines set up at the firewall, facing the engine from the front bumper which is the inlet and outlet at the firewall?

Any quick help/info will be appreciated.....As I'm working on it right now.

Thanks......:beer:
-Rob-

Here's a quick link to the kit:
http://www.prestone.com/products/print.php?fam=12&num=2&name=Prestone+R+Flush+N+Fill+Kit&regTM=1

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Take bottom driver's side radiator hose out of the radiator. Leave it plugged into the motor on that side.

Turn your heat on, run the car while the garden hose with running water is stuck inside the open crossover tube.

Run it for about 20-30 min and your system is flushed.

Put hose back on, install clamp and add 1 bottle of prestone (yellow bottle) since it is aluminum friendly into the reservoir/degauss bottle, add the rest into the open crossover tube and run the car. When level drops, add more till it's full and it stops bubbling.

Cap off the crossover tube.

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
Thanks for the input! :thumbsup: That's a convenient way to flush the system, but my goal with the kit is to try and unclog the heater core by back flowing the coolant lines........... I just hoped someone had done this already with good results.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread