Coolant leak issue????Need Imput

xtremekustomz

Established Member
Looked under the car yesterday have a puddle of coolant underneath. So drove the car up on ramps and took a look. Front of the car is dry but the rear at the front of the beelhousing for the tranny is wet and around the back of the oil pan with coolant. Seems to be coming down somewhere between the motor and tranny. Checked the head cooling mod its dry and the heater core hoses also dry and the freeze plugs are good and I don't see anything around the heads so what do you guys think it is? The car has been just sitting for the last 2 months in the shop here in Canada (Stupid winter). Any help would be great?:shrug:

Mach828

Established Member
If it leaks from the crossover tube where it pushes into the block it will drain back at the transmission due to the slight tilt of the engine.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
I just did a blower swap where I had the lower off. Another couple of ideas would be to try looking down as it sits, if you have access to a bore scope you could peek in there or you could take the tension off the inner accessory belt and try removing the upper ribbed idler with support bracket. With that idler/bracket out of the way you may be able to see down.

The water outlet for the intercooler gets in the way too but removing the idler/bracket may give you enough visibility. Someone should/or probably does make a small camera to hook up to a phone, ipad or laptop to look into tight spots.

Users who are viewing this thread