coolant leak

71catruck

Established Member
ok guys i swapped in my new motor and it seamed like everything was fine for the first hundred miles but now i got a bad leak. it seams to be coming from the drain hole in the back of the valley because its leaking from in between the bell housing and motor. i took the manifold off and used a pressure tester but it was holding pressure fine. im lost now. just replaced the heater core to so its not that anymore.

pbeechner

Established Member
Are you sure it is coming from the valley? Did you inspect the heater core hoses really closely? I sprung a big leak at the strip this summer and it turned out to be one of the heater care hoses rubbing up against a bolt coming out of the firewall. Replaced it and ground down the bolt and its been fine since. Just a thought

stradt03

Established Member
Are you sure it is coming from the valley? Did you inspect the heater core hoses really closely? I sprung a big leak at the strip this summer and it turned out to be one of the heater care hoses rubbing up against a bolt coming out of the firewall. Replaced it and ground down the bolt and its been fine since. Just a thought

I had the same issue back when the car was still under warranty. They swapped the hose and put a plastic cap over the sharp edge of the bolt. Haven't had an issue since.

Users who are viewing this thread