Coolant Light on?

CBelleperche

Established Member
Hey guys, just detailed the engine bay on my 99 Cobra for the Hot Rod Power Tour. Well after I was done I get in the car and start it up and the coolant light is on, doesn't leak at all and the coolant is full. Anyone know why it all of a sudden did this? Did one of the plugs maybe get wet? If anyone has any ideas or solutions please let me know. Thanks!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Isn't there a sensor on the 99's in the reservoir? Maybe you snagged a wire while cleaning.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Stanger00

Established Member
Unplug the sensor the light will go off. It's just a float on/off switch. Mine stuck closed so I just unplugged it. I typically check my fluids when I fill up.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Mine did the same thing several years ago and never went off. It's been disconnected ever since. I just check my coolant level periodically. No leaks since I changed my water pump & thermostat (knock on wood!), so it stays at the same level now.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Power Tour?!?! Man I am jealous...I have a stupid wedding to go to this weekend so I couldnt go :(

CBelleperche

Established Member
I've been doing a little reading seems like if you drive it in heavy rain or wash it it likes to come on. I let it sit over night si we will see shortly if it fixed itself

Users who are viewing this thread