Coolant tank questions

Aubz

Established Member
My birthday is this week and i treated myself to new intercooler and coolant tanks from lethal. I just wanted to get some tips on the install, and what is all involved. From what i've researched, its just a unbolt the old bolt in the new. But what about the coolant in the tanks and in the lines? Should i change it all out, what should it be replaced with? And then how would i go about doing that. Any info is appreciated. Thanks for the help

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
My birthday is this week and i treated myself to new intercooler and coolant tanks from lethal. I just wanted to get some tips on the install, and what is all involved. From what i've researched, its just a unbolt the old bolt in the new. But what about the coolant in the tanks and in the lines? Should i change it all out, what should it be replaced with? And then how would i go about doing that. Any info is appreciated. Thanks for the help

If your antifreeze/water mixture is more than 4 years old I recommend flushing it out and starting fresh.

Make sure you follow the burp/fill procedure.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Easy job, but as Jimmy said make sure you properly burp the cooling system or you will over heat!

Last edited:

Dawgstang

Established Member
I just purchased the same black reservoir combo package also and wondering the same thing. Can I just flush out the system and use green Prestone coolant that is readily available?

I just purchased the same black reservoir combo package also and wondering the same thing. Can I just flush out the system and use green Prestone coolant that is readily available?

I also use the Prestone coolant. Cheaper than what Ford is selling.

Users who are viewing this thread