cooling issues

levs302

Established Member
Anyone have a picture, or diagram, for the hoses connecting the radiators on a ’98 F150 (4.6 auto)? I’m fixing my buddies truck that was in a front end collision, but the radiators were pulled off before I got to see it. The mini radiator on the drivers side is a power steering fluid cooler, and the passenger side one is a trans cooler, please correct me if I’m wrong. Is the thin cooler in front of the main radiator also a trans cooler? Also, are all four of these stock on these trucks? My buddy bought it used and doesn’t know whether the previous owner installed them or not.

Thanks for the help.

levs302

Established Member
thanks, i didnt even think about that.:bash: the truck has an a/c delete so i'm just gunna connect the in and out flow with a hose and be done with that part.

would someone tell me how many hoses they have going in/out of the main radiator. The old radiator I have looks like there should be 4, but the front of the truck is pretty smashed up and I can only find the two biggest hoses. tryin to figure out if there were any lines that got ripped clean off that i dont know of.

thanks again

spdkilz02

Established Member
your best bet may be to just run over to like autozone or advanced, and pick up a haynes for like 20 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread