Cooling Problems again, any ideas?

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
Alright so previously months ago I had a thread on this, but it keeps reoccuring. I randomly start spewing coolant from the overflow tank from the little purge hole on the radiator cap and I don't know why. I replaced the thermostat and all was going well for two weeks when it once again randomly started purging a little out so I thought well wtf maybe the cap is bad so I replaced the cap and all went well for two weeks. Again yesterday I leave a trail down the street of coolant.

Obviously the system is overpressurized because it will purge out everything from the tank and then I can unscrew the cap while the engine is still hot and have no pressure released whatsoever. So I am thinking the thermostat must be stuck open/closed (forget which it would be) and is causing the cooling system to become too pressurized.... I had the coolant flushed and properly filled with no air pockets and did a pressure test, the tank is not cracked.

.....Anyone else have any ideas or agree that I need a new thermostat?

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Do you have the stock tank, cause I have heard they can warp. And what temps are you running when this happens.

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
Yes I have the stock tank, its usually right about when it reaches full operating temperature, which would make sense that the T-stat is bad, as the thermostat should be kicking on right?

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I would check and make sure your fan and intercooler pump is working. Usually a bad thermostat, will cause the car to overheat really fast. You probably have the stock temp control, which a worth shit. At worst I would buy a new lower thermostat, a new true forged intercooler tank. If the fan and intercooler pump is working. There good products to have anyways. Also maybe your Intercooler pump is broken or about to go out and is running erratically.

Users who are viewing this thread