Cooling question

jayames

Established Member
I have a 2007 GT500. I plan to upgrade the heat exchanger and add a 170 degree thermostat. (I'm eventually upgrading the supercharger). Do I need a tune with just the heat exchanger and thermostat? I don't think so but want to make sure. Thanks for any help.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No tune necessary.
Can also consider a intercooler pump upgrade to the ‘13-14 pump.
-J

jayames

Established Member
Thanks buddy. My heat exchanger has fans (it's plug and play). I'm thinking about installing it without the fans - opinion? The car is spirited street driven and occasional road courses. Should I leave the fans on it or remove them? I've studied up on it a lot and keep waffling (I don't want the noise but it must be better with the fans ...)

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I would go with the fans in case you are caught where you have to sit for a bit after the run. The fans run off a relay, you could tap into the line and add a switch so you can turn them off when you don't need them.

HKusp

Established Member
There have been studies that show under 30mph the fans are good, but above 30mph, they become a hindrance to cooling. The larger heat exchanger makes a big difference, and should negate some of that hindrance, but just be aware, it really depends on when you need the cooling more.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
There have been studies that show under 30mph the fans are good, but above 30mph, they become a hindrance to cooling. The larger heat exchanger makes a big difference, and should negate some of that hindrance, but just be aware, it really depends on when you need the cooling more.

yes sir, that's why I tend to keep my speeds under 30mph at all times:ROFLMAO:
Said no one ever
You are right though, just clowning

Users who are viewing this thread