coolsat receivers

Wikkd03

Established Member
Anyone have any experience with these? How do they work? What all can you do with them?my understanding is they give you channels for free

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
FTA receivers. And with a bit if work and reading you can pick up DN channels with them. I'd suggest a more specific forum for that though.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
FTA receivers. And with a bit if work and reading you can pick up DN channels with them. I'd suggest a more specific forum for that though.

I don't think its as easy as buying an unscrambled card these days though, as they're really cracking down on piracy. I mean, maybe you still can but I think these days they're pushing the need for an online connection and more difficult encryption to reverse engineer.

Expect, from what I've read, the vast majority of free to air programming that's unencrypted to be ethnic or religious, perhaps with some possibility of local programming. You're probably not going to get much more than amateur broadcasting quality - but who knows.

My uncle had one in the late 90s I believe that had every channel available from his dish provider. He purchased a card online or something, but apparently no longer assumes the risk and also doesn't think its that easy anymore. But I dunno....

Posted via Topify on Android

Users who are viewing this thread