Corporate Banking Interview

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
I have a third corporate banking interview today. I have my suit, company research, resume, references, something to write on, any tips that anyone might have? This is with Wachovia Bank.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Look people in the eyes when you're talking to them, and never put your hands in your pockets.

UCBeau

always say thank you sir or ma'am, smile, be cheerful but know when to be serious. give the impression that you truly care about this job

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Clean shaven? Hair cut? Nails are clean? They notice these things. My old speech teacher told me he didnt hire a guy because he didnt take the time to clean his nails.

2003 Silver

Banned
66speed said:
Clean shaven? Hair cut? Nails are clean? They notice these things. My old speech teacher told me he didnt hire a guy because he didnt take the time to clean his nails.

Attention to details...even the smallest is a must.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
resume on pink scented stationary... it worked for reese witherspoon, it will work for you....

don't forget a pen.

JDStud6

Established Member
When I was going for my current job a year ago...i was told by my boss at the time to wear a white shirt with a red tie. He also said to make sure my nails were clean and nice...so apparently they are looked at more than you think! Just be yourself, thats what I did. Show confidence, and go get em!

good luck

JD

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
JDStud6 said:
When I was going for my current job a year ago...i was told by my boss at the time to wear a white shirt with a red tie. He also said to make sure my nails were clean and nice...so apparently they are looked at more than you think! Just be yourself, thats what I did. Show confidence, and go get em!

good luck

JD

I wore a red tie white shirt and black suit. I feel like the interview went well, the only things that he said was that I could have formatted my resume better, and that he needed a real address not a P.O. Box so that they could sent my checks there, In all seriousness, he has 2 positions open, and 2 more people to interview. Hope and pray that he finds something repulsive about one of thoes two people, because if he does, I have got the job!

It starts off contractual, but the average pay for this position once I get going is around 150k. I know that will take about 5 years or so to get to but I really really want this job, it is at the corporate headquarters.:pepper:

I will know buy tuesday at 12 noon.... I really want this job... anything else that anyone knows to do???? that maybe will make it a sure thing, or should I just wait????

Thanks 1,000,000 for all the help

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Crucial!

charged98cobra said:
I
anything else that anyone knows to do???? that maybe will make it a sure thing, or should I just wait????

Send a THANK YOU letter immediately. So few people do that it will set you apart from the group. Mention something specific about your interview and then thank everyone for thier time.

ps: I told you the pink scented resume would have been better:-D

Last edited:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
ElGato said:
Send a THANK YOU letter immediately. So few people do that it will set you apart from the group. Mention something specific about your interview and then thank everyone for thier time.

Agreed. Hand deliver it to the receptionist.

Users who are viewing this thread