Corpus Christi Benefit Car Show

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
I am going to go ahead and pursue this idea. In the next few weeks, I'll be contacting local shops and businesses to get some type of prize ideas and possibly some commitments. I will also need to get the charity (I'm looking at Make a Wish of Central and South Texas) to sign off on the whole thing so that we can use their name and be official. The basic format will be best of show, and 2-3 runner ups. Entry fee will consist of a $10-20 "donation", and everything will be judged/scored/ accordingly by a number of people. Everything is in a rough format and will definitely be tweaked more and more as time goes on. I am looking for late July for a possible date. Also, I will definitely welcome any participants from other than Corpus too.

I also need potential volunteers for the "benefit car show".

Whats involved?
Once we have committed sponsors and the charity signs off, I will have a flyer made. Basically, the main job of the volunteers in the early stage will be to manage the PR campaign. I will need flyers placed at specific locations and they will need to be checked routinely to make sure they're not all gone. Also, carrying flyers on your person and distributing them to potential participants and anyone in general that wants one would work too.

Once show time comes around, I'll need people to do things like judge, and handle lot assignments and such. That is , however a ways on down the road.

If you are at all interested, or have any input or ideas, or ANYTHING that you could contribute information wise, shoot me an email at [email protected] .

Thanks for the support, and I look foward to doing this!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread