Corsa exhaust...on a cobra?

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I think it sounds pretty good, nice and deep with not much rasp.

No can do, I think these cars (sn-95) look horrible without tips and I LOVE CHROME!!!! They match my wheels, the biggest thing is imo the rear of these cars a big, so when you remove the tips there is to much open space. I had dumps on my fox but just for for sn95 cars. In the 13months I've owned the car its seen less than 10 WOT's..lol

I think the complete opp. of you. Your body style with no slots in the bumper look horrible with tips imo, there just kinda sitting there in the air.

Camaros are THE WORST. They should be required to run dumps....now that i think about it, the only good thing about a camaro is the ls1 motor, everything else just sucks. :lol:

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
I'd like to hear some 12" or 16" Borla XR-1 mufflers on an 03/04 cobra.

Ever since i heard this on a vette...i wondered the same thing! I'm sure everyone will come in saying they only belong on a GM, but i think the Corsa does pretty good on ford, why not try the XR-1

EDIT: Sound pretty fuggin badass if you ask me! I must say, this XR-1 setup is one of my new favorites...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmW9-HtcViI"]YouTube - 2001 Cobra with Kooks and Borla XR1's[/ame]

Last edited:

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
In the first video the corsa mufflers that are used are the dB RED series. With the O/R X its still pretty loud and sounds good. But my question is how insane would it sound with the corsa dB BLACK series mufflers which are louder then the red ones? I think i might have to try it out....

BlackHrtStang

METAL!
Established Member
In the first video the corsa mufflers that are used are the dB RED series. With the O/R X its still pretty loud and sounds good. But my question is how insane would it sound with the corsa dB BLACK series mufflers which are louder then the red ones? I think i might have to try it out....

evryone seems to run the reds. the only vid i have found of the blacks is on a black super chargged cobra.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP6jmWg-U9w]YouTube - '96 Ford Mustang Cobra (SVT) w/ CORSA Black level dB series[/ame]

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Bro you should lose your tips and run pro dumps, you will LOVE THEM. I can hold a perfectly good conversation on the expressway with mine (keep in mind I have 4:10s) and when you crack it WOT it is pure sex!!! Lighter, more tire clearance out back and less to clean its a win win!

JTR

How do you think a BBK X with Pro Dumps would sound?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Best sounding exhaust Combo for 03/04s on the Silver Cobra.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CvD5meGeB4]YouTube - Pontiac Solstice - PIHB.MP4[/ame]

blk02bird

Established Member
haha, wow I actually know the guy in the first video. I met him at a car show in Springfield. He has a real sick car. He actually works for Corsa.

stevstum

Established Member
Ever since i heard this on a vette...i wondered the same thing! I'm sure everyone will come in saying they only belong on a GM, but i think the Corsa does pretty good on ford, why not try the XR-1

EDIT: Sound pretty fuggin badass if you ask me! I must say, this XR-1 setup is one of my new favorites...

YouTube - 2001 Cobra with Kooks and Borla XR1's

This video does sound sweet, but I think it is mostly because of the Kooks Longtubes. They make everything sound good.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
i dunno...i know they make them sound good, but there is a certain tone that comes from the XR-1...it is much more prevalent in the vettes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEhv_2RZrH0]YouTube - 540bhp N/A 2002 Z06 Corvette acceleration[/ame]

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
i never said they were the same...but i still feel that the note is similar at WOT between the two. I have yet to hear another mustang sound like the one with the XR-1's, be it with long tubes or not...

Users who are viewing this thread