Corsa Extreme restrictive?

slverstang

Established Member
Just got my new car with the current mods it has. Has Corsa Extreme Cat back, x-pipe, Boss Intake Manifold, CAI. I thnk it made lower power than expected and the tuner said the same. On his Mustang Dyno he managed 404 hp and about 375 tq. He says im about 10-20 hp short but tq is right on. The tune itself is night and day from what it was and man does it haul ass now. But he stated that the Corza might be holding it back. Need some opinions. Thanks!

nosscort

Established Member
The corsa are not limiting you.. Don't get hung up on the dyno numbers they are just that.. Plus Mustang dynos are known to read a little bit lower than say a dyno jet. Take it to the track and see what the vehicle traps, that will give you a more accurate idea on the power it is making

AKDMB

Established Member
Unbolt axle backs and re-dyno if you want to know for sure. I doubt it's the axleback. Unless it's a dyno tune where the tuner knows that every car with these mods dynos xxx on this specific dyno, then don't worry about it. Different dynos will give different numbers even those of the same brand.

Last edited:

slverstang

Established Member
Yea im trying NOT to to be sensative to numbers. Just going off of tuner and his experiances with similar cars. I might be limited by the CAI. Dont even know the brand of it. Maybe you guys can help.

20151201_113254.jpg

Last edited:

slverstang

Established Member
Its his dyno. He states the similar modded cars tend to give 10 or more than i made. Heck he had a 2014 with just cai and cat back make 415 before me lol. As far as the tune though, its pretty dialed in.

Holovacko

Established Member
The CAI does seem slightly extended compared to others. It may just be the picture, but looks longer than the common CAI.

KushBandit

Established Member
Look through the mufflers. If you can see through it, its not restrictive. A muffler swap won't magically gain you power, seeing as you're only a bolt on car, those corsa cans definitely aren't restricting anything.

Too many factors to compare for dyno numbers on different day. SAE or STD numbers? Smoothing?

Take it to the track and see what you trap to know what kind of power you're making. Don't get hung up on numbers, yours look average for a bolt on car on a Mustang dyno anyway. You'd probably put down 420rwhp on a Dynojet.

Last edited:

basspro302

Established Member
Check your xpipe clamp bolts. The exhaust bolts can hit the body and cause false knock.

basspro302

Established Member
If you install them with the long part of the bolt facing up the engine will torque up and cause them to rub on the body. Make sure you face them down.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
The Corsa Extremes aren't limiting you...

You'll have torque loss when freeing up too much back pressure. Believe it or not, a little back pressure is a good thing.

Stock is too restrictive, you should be fine where you are now.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't a dyno only measure torque and then use the equation to project horsepower..? So how can the same car, produce the same torque curve, but a different horsepower curve...?

KushBandit

Established Member
Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't a dyno only measure torque and then use the equation to project horsepower..? So how can the same car, produce the same torque curve, but a different horsepower curve...?

You're correct, it does. Horsepower is a calculation based upon Torque*RPM/5252. You can read more here.

Users who are viewing this thread