Corvette B/S?

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
At the risk of starting a Corvette/Cobra flame war, I was at work today and one of my coworkers mentioned to a customer that I had just bought a 03 Cobra and he responded that Cobra suck so I of course defend my new love by saying that it would beat most stock corvettes with the exception of a Z06 in a race, he says to me "not mine" So I ask him what he had and he said he had an 02 (By his tone Im guessing it was a C5) I ask him how much HP he has and he says he thinks with the mods he has done about 600, I said that I was talking about a stock cobra vs. a stock corvette and he said that all he had done was an intake and exhaust. So I ask him "You mean that an intake and exhaust are giving you 250 more HP?" Im thinking he is using ricer math here, but he replies no maybe about 200, btw he hadnt dynoed it or anything. He said that he had a few other minor things done to it, but im thinking either he has some major mods i.e. supercharger/turbo/nitrous or he is b.s.ing. am I wrong here?

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
I think he is BSing. meet up with him and smoke his ass in a race. That will put him in his place and you will feel good. It would be impossible to get a C5 to 600 hp with intake and exhaust. That Vette is prolly the fastest car he has ever driven so it feels like a jet to him. Show him who is top dog!

Andrew

darkcrayz

Established Member
"So I ask him "You mean that an intake and exhaust are giving you 250 more HP?" Im thinking he is using ricer math here, but he replies no maybe about 200,"

ROFL, ricer math 101.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I say he is a moron...I ran into a guy the other day which was also full of sh!t....He was disccusing that he loved the fox body cobra and wished he had not sold it..I walked up to him and asked him what he had done to it and if he was going to replace it with another...He said with a real cocky voice"Naw...I don't like any of the newer ones ...I just liked the fox bodies..."I then replied.."is that right...I have a 96 wich I think is great..."He then asks.."faster than a fox.."I replied.."yea,stock for stock..They are a little quicker.."He looked surprised and a little upset after I told him that..Then he pulls out his wallet and shows me a pic of it..I said.."Very nice car...How much did you sell her for?"The ignoramus has the nerve to say."30,000.00"I said .."holy sh!t...Was it a 93 R or sometin..."he said.."What?"with a puzzled look...."Was it an R?"He then say's.."well it had real low miles and very well taken care of"...I then new he was full of it just by the ignorant remarks he was makin....Anyway,I apologize for the long reply..But man,I hate runnin into people who think they know about cars,try to tell you about them,then start talkin all kinds of crap......Meanwhile,you just look at them with a YOU GOTTA BE SH!TT!N ME look on your face.....GRRRRR!........

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
In my opinion it has nothing to do with him owning a Vette. He would be stupid no matter what he drove!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I didnt want to specifically point fingers at Wisconsin Perry!!! But since you brought it up ;-)

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
:uh oh: Bruce is gonna be so pissed.:beer: and that guy with the vette, did you see him drive the vette?

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
Originally posted by VenemousShadow
At the risk of starting a Corvette/Cobra flame war, I was at work today and one of my coworkers mentioned to a customer that I had just bought a 03 Cobra and he responded that Cobra suck so I of course defend my new love by saying that it would beat most stock corvettes with the exception of a Z06 in a race, he says to me "not mine" So I ask him what he had and he said he had an 02 (By his tone Im guessing it was a C5) I ask him how much HP he has and he says he thinks with the mods he has done about 600, I said that I was talking about a stock cobra vs. a stock corvette and he said that all he had done was an intake and exhaust. So I ask him "You mean that an intake and exhaust are giving you 250 more HP?" Im thinking he is using ricer math here, but he replies no maybe about 200, btw he hadnt dynoed it or anything. He said that he had a few other minor things done to it, but im thinking either he has some major mods i.e. supercharger/turbo/nitrous or he is b.s.ing. am I wrong here?

This is classic. Like most he more than likley got into a race and lost a few times. So to make himself feel better he says the new cobra sucks and makes up a bunch of BS about what he did to his car. I think the clinical term is call “denial” :lol:

My $.02

Cheers

:beer:

darkcrayz

Established Member
If you are gonna buy a car to race and show off, you should at least be able to describe some of the details of the car. And know the relative hp increase from certain mods to the car. But 200hp for intake and exhaust is just stupid.

I own a 2000 v6 stang, and I was looking at getting dual exhaust for my car. And I would ask people that I saw how much it costs and what they got put on, most people knew, except if they had their boyfriend do it (ladies). I was with my sister running errands and I came across a 2000 v6 with duals at a red light. The conversation.

me "Are those true duals, or quasi duals?"

him "True duals"

me "Where did you get them done at?"

him "Some shop in San Diego, dont know where I got them"

me "How much did you pay for them"

him "3K"

me "Holy **** bro, what did you put on their?"

him "Just some low end stuff"

me "What stuff?"

him "Dont know, low end stuff"

At this point the light turns green and we both drive off, and my sister, who knows nothing about cars says "What a dumbass, he doesnt even know what he did to his car".

That whole conversation took place in front of his gf, or whatever. I hope he feels like a dumbass for not knowing any answer. Because I did some research and I cant find any dual exhaust system for v6's over 1k, and that is top of line unless I am missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread