Cotto vs Margarito

myndgruv

Established Member
PBF is a bitch who fought a bunch of boxers at there older stages....He knows better than to fight Margarito. Thats why turned down 8 mil to fight him.....2 years ago

instead he made his money with a big money (de la hoya) fight they may have not been there if he waited. PBF isnt dumb, he know which fight would make him more money, and thats the one he took.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Floyd is retired.. and that is that .. With Margarito's crushing win over Cotto there is hardly anyone out there that can take him on.

deec73

Established Member
**** Mayweather. All he does is run. I want to see his ass get KNOCKED OUT!

Because what would be the point? Floyd has not back down from any fight.

First he was ducking Diego Corrales! check
Second he was ducking Angle Manfredy! check
Third he was ducking Jose Louis Castillo! Check 2x
Fourth he was ducking Arturo Gatti! LOL check
Fifth he was ducking Carlos Baldimor! check
Sixth he was ducking Oscar Delahoya! check
7th and lastly, he was ducking O Ricky Hatton! check

All those people listed are naturally bigger than Floyd and still beat their ASS!

He's fought at Superfeather weight, Lightweight, Junior Welterweight, Welterweight and Junior Middleweight.

Margarito would give Floyd trouble. I doubt that Floyd would knock him out. But Floyd has something that Cotto doesnt and that is speed, defense and agility.

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
UmM... Paul Williams!

Paul Williams gives Margarito issues thats for sure. Taller and southpaw = A confused Maragarito. I think Margarito will leave that alone anyway....there is more money to be made else where.

In a perfect world I'd love to see Margarito fight Oscar (if hes got balls to) at 154 and maybe after that go up to 160 to fight Kelly Pavlik where we would see some big bombs thats for sure. Both are promoted by Bob Arum so it will be easy to put together and Its not like Margarito would have trouble going up to 160 with say 8-12 months...hell I don't even know how he makes 147. Again this is in a perfect world. Most likely he will fight Cottley and then who knows....

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Paul Williams gives Margarito issues thats for sure. Taller and southpaw = A confused Maragarito. I think Margarito will leave that alone anyway....there is more money to be made else where.

In a perfect world I'd love to see Margarito fight Oscar (if hes got balls to) at 154 and maybe after that go up to 160 to fight Kelly Pavlik where we would see some big bombs thats for sure. Both are promoted by Bob Arum so it will be easy to put together and Its not like Margarito would have trouble going up to 160 with say 8-12 months...hell I don't even know how he makes 147. Again this is in a perfect world. Most likely he will fight Cottley and then who knows....

Damn your C6 ZO6 looks so sick! You have anymore pics?

Nazman

Established Member
It was a great fight. Cotto nose is notorious for the bleeding. This time they just could not stop it.

Cotto could not breathe, so, you cant breathe when they are chasing you, taking hits and hitting back. There is moment where you will be come overwelmed by the situation and he was.

Also, Cotto did not attack the body as he does, and even do he conected very cleanly on Margarito, did not connect with 100% power do to the way he fought the fight.

Margarito is a good fighter and I have seen all his last 8-9 fights, but even with the reach/height advantage I think Cotto is the better fighter.

By the way...cant wait for the rematch!!!!!

Naz

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
It was a great fight. Cotto nose is notorious for the bleeding. This time they just could not stop it.

Cotto could not breathe, so, you cant breathe when they are chasing you, taking hits and hitting back. There is moment where you will be come overwelmed by the situation and he was.

Also, Cotto did not attack the body as he does, and even do he conected very cleanly on Margarito, did not connect with 100% power do to the way he fought the fight.

Margarito is a good fighter and I have seen all his last 8-9 fights, but even with the reach/height advantage I think Cotto is the better fighter.

By the way...cant wait for the rematch!!!!!

Naz

Cotto being the better boxer was not in question. A lot of questions before the fight was Cotto's chin and the ability to carry the intensity that Margarito was going to bring into the later rounds...

You have to understand also Margarito is a BIG 147 pound fighter. How he makes weight is unknown and his stamina is just unreal. It also helps it can take a punch AT this level. What happens when Margarito goes up in weight which is going to happen since I don't think anyone at 147 won't fight him. Whats going to happen when hes got to face a Kelly Pavlik?

Again, I agree, Cotto is the better boxer but the guy with more heart, naturally bigger and better chin won the fight. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread