Could be the new Corvette SS

beerguzzler

Established Member
That has been the prediction for a while now. The current 07Z06 is $78K +/- a few. What's another $22K when spending that kind of dime? J/K of course...or am I?

Beerguzzler

sick408dakr/t

Established Member
If it is the SS and it does make 600+, I bet you it will make it into the 10's. That car is going to be a freaking monster and for 100K it is a freaking steal, period.

What other car from any other factory makes 600HP for under or at 100K?

aaandht

Established Member
My dad's friend who just bought a C6 Z06(one of the first in NJ) just put a down payment on the new supercharged one. Oh how I wish I had money.

mustangbee

Established Member
last i head on the vette forums was 625hp...at 2850lbs!!!

tires, small mods...your looking at high 9's/low 10's proly...not to mention it proly do well over 200mph

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Well I am sold. Now I only need to get the money. Buying a new car right now seems like a bad idea as they seem to be getting better and better each year.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Im sorry but Corvette SS....what an embarassment to the Corvette name tag.

Honestly, I dont care if it has 8 trillion horsepower and weighs 6 pounds, there never has been an SS Vette, there never should be. Hell there never shouldve been an SS anything other than the Camaro.

chuckstang

Established Member
The new viper will cost 90k and in case you have been under a rock, the C6z06 destroys the current viper and the new SS z06 will destroy the new 08 viper as well. Viper is all show

dirty bird

Cant afford a terminator!
Established Member
yeah, all that is true. They have been testing them for about 8 months. Road and Track actually had the test. It hadnt been actually "confirmed" this was the new corvette nor were they calling it an "SS" yet but all chevy said it was a blown 650 horse car that was lighter than the c6 Z06. R&T even said it would prolly be an ss or something like that. Sorry guys but im a vette freak, and I IMHO they are on top of their game right now. If u havent noticed how good the Z06 is already with 505, I cant wait to see 600-650. One of the car shows on tv did a z06 run with slicks in 40* weather and ran an 11.4 or so which is sick. Just my 2 cents, i dont say much on here, i just watch and learn but i had to put my input on this vette. I love em'
BTW good thinkin wyotechmsa.

Users who are viewing this thread