Could this be the new svo muctang

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Wow - if they were going to put en Eco-Boost in there they should have just dropped the 3.5sixxer and gone with the 3.7 out of the F150..

And didn't Special Vehicle Team (SVT) replace Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) in the early 90's? Hence the rebirth of the 1993 Cobra by SVT?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
There was news that came out that the IRS and Ecoboost were confirmed by someone within Ford but they didn't give any other details than that. Could be the 3.5l TT for all we know. I think this article is all just speculation still besides the IRS and the fact that an EB option will be available.

91svtbird

Established Member
I wouldn't count on an IRS as a definite on the 15's as hoped maybe an option on the top line version though. I'd look for the NA 5.0 V8 as the top engine offering...No more 5.8's or 5.4's SC'd.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
no more 5.0...

Yeah right! If they stopped using the 5.0 they'd be looking at some big losses with all the R&D they wasted. That engine has a long life ahead of it.

IRS has already been seen in testing so my bet is that the SRA is going to be completely replaced with the IRS in the next gen.

91svtbird

Established Member
IRS has already been seen in testing so my bet is that the SRA is going to be completely replaced with the IRS in the next gen.

I wouldn't put too much money down on that bet if I were you.....just sayin.

That said I agree it's time the Mustang came with a competent IRS I only wish it were so with the 15'.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Turbo four-cylinder > N/A six-cylinder. Less weight, more power, more efficient, and all the fun that boost brings in a smaller, lighter, more athletic package? Sign me up, let the "manly men" have their overblown, overweight Brostangs...

Users who are viewing this thread