Coupe vs. Convertible Information needed

cad25

Established Member
I have found a killer deal on an '03 convertible and would like to know if other than being 120 lbs. heavier and a little over a tenth slower there were any other problems with modding a convertible. Please any accurate information would be appreciated. Thanks

johng218

Established Member
I would definetly invest in subframe connectors right off the bat. The cowl shake is pretty bad in my car.

According to drag strip regs, our verts are fast enough to need a roll bar stock.

Other than that, mod away!

John G

nj7703

Established Member
Subframes are a must for sure. It is like a new car with it, totally solid. I don't see much of a problem modding it at all.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
From what I've seen, verts have a tendency to wheel hop worse than coupes. It varies from car to car. Mine was real bad and got worse as I added power.
Now I have front and rear MM coilovers and the hop only happens occasionally under certain conditons (for example: punching it in 2nd to show off on an uneven road surface).

The verts are a blast!! Good luck on the purchase.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by gmynko
How hard is it to install subframe connectors?

The trick is to NOT weld them in while the car is on a frame lift. The cars weight needs to be on all 4 wheels to make sure it is done right. I'm not sure how much is envolved, i had mine done for me, all i can say is WOW what a difference.

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
gmynko, you can have the bolt on type or weld in type. I would suggest getting the weld in type. Because they give more ridgity. All you should have to do is clean the area with a grinder and weld away.

Users who are viewing this thread