Couple newb questions..

veddersbetter

Established Member
I turn the car off.. I hear something leaking toward the back passenger side possibly on the header or block itself. ...sizzle sizzle...pop. I move the car and it leaks more. Intercooler? Heater Core?
Car is not leaking oil and theres never anything underneath after its parked. Intercooler Res is full and stays full. Car runs great except for my next problem......

I have a Gates 080740 belt.. 2.76 pulley.. Motoblue idlers.. Stock crank pulley..Reichard manual tensioner.. and Steeda tensioner (by the blower pulley). Up until today the car was running great .. belt started slipping big time today.. opened the hood and belt is LOOSE.. Noticed the belt is routed OVER the upper drivers side idler pulley (and under the Steeda tensioner). I know this isnt right but I cant imagine its ran this long like that...how the hell would it jump off that pulley and not anything else?

So I reroute everything properly and the belt is LOOSE. Can I get some advice guys?

Last edited:

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member
I turn the car off.. I hear something leaking toward the back passenger side possibly on the header or block itself. ...sizzle sizzle...pop. I move the car and it leaks more. Intercooler? Heater Core?
Car is not leaking oil and theres never anything underneath after its parked. Intercooler Res is full and stays full. Car runs great except for my next problem......

Condensation from A/C? I get that quite a bit....even more on my wife's Expy that has dual A/Cs.

veddersbetter

Established Member
Its what I was hoping... and it is worse after I run my AC. It does do it however when my AC has been off a while. Thanks D Rock

veddersbetter

Established Member
After googling Im going to try a 75" belt and 74.5" Gates belt.. anything wrong with using the "heavy duty" version of the Gates belt?

veddersbetter

Established Member
After I got out of panic mode I looked further into it.. Turns out the Reichard manual belt tensioner bolt came loose.. there was NO tension at all on the belt. Tightened it back up and now theres a squeal.. probably just too tight.

Users who are viewing this thread