Couple Newbie Questions -

fearthesnake

Established Member
On the Handling package and my oil separator, I noticed it drains back into the bottom of valve cover and not a contained unit you had to empty out on the 13/14 models. Is there any maintenance on this Oil Separator like changing or cleaning a filter or screen?

2nd - Is there a way to change the default on the exhaust mode upon start up to always default to the "Sports" mode and not the "Normal" mode? Trying to prevent having to change it each time upon start up.

Thanks!

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
No maintenance for the Ford oil separator. You can set the exhaust to default to sports mode through the setup screens. Press the cobra icon on the steering wheel and you should see the setting.

fearthesnake

Established Member
No maintenance for the Ford oil separator. You can set the exhaust to default to sports mode through the setup screens. Press the cobra icon on the steering wheel and you should see the setting.
Thanks my friend.

My old dumbass has tried a few times and can't get it to save to sports mode for some reason but will keep trying, lol. Least I know it can be done then.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
On the Handling package and my oil separator, I noticed it drains back into the bottom of valve cover and not a contained unit you had to empty out on the 13/14 models. Is there any maintenance on this Oil Separator like changing or cleaning a filter or screen?

2nd - Is there a way to change the default on the exhaust mode upon start up to always default to the "Sports" mode and not the "Normal" mode? Trying to prevent having to change it each time upon start up.

Thanks!
Not sure on the Seperator.

The Exhaust mode you should be able to set up "My Mode" which will default to all your user preferences when you start the car. you can also have a quiet mode set for certain times i believe... like if you wanted to leave for work really early in the morning and didn't want your neighbors to enjoy the windows rattling... not sure who would want this but I do believe its available.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Not sure on the Seperator.

The Exhaust mode you should be able to set up "My Mode" which will default to all your user preferences when you start the car. you can also have a quiet mode set for certain times i believe... like if you wanted to leave for work really early in the morning and didn't want your neighbors to enjoy the windows rattling... not sure who would want this but I do believe its available.
Thank you. Yes, the quiet mode would also be called the "Wife" mode as that is what she drives it in. Lol.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
Oil separator is "maintenance free" but plus over other options IMO.

I set my exhaust to start up in "Karen mode" at least until 9 am, after then I do not really care.

There are a few youtube university videos showing you how to set it up.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Oil separator is "maintenance free" but plus over other options IMO.

I set my exhaust to start up in "Karen mode" at least until 9 am, after then I do not really care.

There are a few youtube university videos showing you how to set it up.

I’ve got a Res Delete h pipe and Shiftek mid pipes. Track mode is obnoxious but it’s sport or nothing. Quiet mode can lick my nads.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Checkout page 12.

Attachments

• GT500 Oil-Air Separator Installation Instructions 3.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 101

Jamie R.

Established Member
For the oil separator some guys ditch the stock one and install a jlt separator. I’ve seen blowers pulled off very low mile cars with some oil in the blowers with the stock unit. I put a jlt separator on mine when the ported blower when on.

I’m like you, I always scrolled and never set my mode. Then my exhaust flaps stuck in quiet mode, my fuse was blown, most likely chaffed wire but I didn’t take it in for warranty. I always had the flaps open, so I just stuck a good fuse in, opened the flaps in the car, turned the car off and then stuck the blown fuse back in so now the flaps just stay open all the time which is how I drove anyway with the flaps open.

Jamie R.
20’ cftp gt500

fearthesnake

Established Member
For the oil separator some guys ditch the stock one and install a jlt separator. I’ve seen blowers pulled off very low mile cars with some oil in the blowers with the stock unit. I put a jlt separator on mine when the ported blower when on.

I’m like you, I always scrolled and never set my mode. Then my exhaust flaps stuck in quiet mode, my fuse was blown, most likely chaffed wire but I didn’t take it in for warranty. I always had the flaps open, so I just stuck a good fuse in, opened the flaps in the car, turned the car off and then stuck the blown fuse back in so now the flaps just stay open all the time which is how I drove anyway with the flaps open.

Jamie R.
20’ cftp gt500
Ha, thats pretty smart way to leave the exhaust mode the way you want it

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My car starts up at 6 am when I take it to work and my neighbor has a 2020 gt500 that starts up at 7 am. Great alarm clocks for those who like the music of our people.
This. My Hellcats and now my ‘22 GT500 are my two daughters’ alarm clock.
Love driving it on as many days as possible so tgat does mean some early mornings.
It’s set to quiet mode/‘friendly neighbor’ mode for starts between 12am-6am. I prefer the remote start while I’m the garage for other hours :)
-J

Users who are viewing this thread