Couple of Exhaust install pics/ and a question

fearfactor

Established Member
Put a 2.93 pulley, Diablo sport chip, Mac CAI kit, full Bassani exhaust on the 03' today, god what a difference, the car pulls like an absolute freight train.

Now the question, It's got to be one of two things, the chip or the MAF screen, the car is running like ass now, won't pull past 5k and bucs around town, anyone with a CAI kit did you keep the MAF screen in?

-Ryan

Bassani 1.JPG

Bassani 2.JPG

Bassani 3.JPG

Cold air 1.JPG

Cold air 2.JPG

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
If you're trying to say your're now limited to 5000rpm; Id say it's the chip. The MAF screen should be removed and shouldn't have anything to do with rpm limits.

coleman

Established Member
Originally posted by fearfactor
:bash: I'm stupid, the MAF wasn't plugged in.

Whoops :D

that'll do it!!! mine drove like crap so much so that it only took me a second to know that i had forgotten something... oops too

chassebr

Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the funnest thing I have ever heard!!! Ok, maybe not. But still it is funny and the sad part is I made that same mistake.

fearfactor

Established Member
Originally posted by chassebr
And I think the MAF screen should go in.

There really isn't a spot for it on the mac CAI. :shrug:

That is the funnest thing I have ever heard!!! Ok, maybe not. But still it is funny and the sad part is I made that same mistake.

:mj: :gt: :D

chassebr

Established Member
I know, I have a MAC CAI and had to make my own gasket and sandwich the screen inbetween the 2 gaskets

Cobra'03

Established Member
What is the part# on the MAC kit - It seems to have a nice long straight portion before the MAF - is all of that included in the kit?

fearfactor

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03
What is the part# on the MAC kit - It seems to have a nice long straight portion before the MAF - is all of that included in the kit?
This was just from the fenderwell to the MAF, not a full kit, as you can see by the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread