Couple of wins for the Snake

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Saturday night I am heading to the local car show when I see a pair of headlights coming up fast from behind. A beautiful Black 03 Lightning pulls up and revs on me. We go from a 50 roll, I was in third. For a few seconds we were side by side with me down a bumper, but as the RPMs climbed I started to pull away. I had a couple of cars by the time I let off at a 110. We pulled into a gas station and had a chat. He was running a ??6lb?? lower, cut outs, bald Nittos and cold air, said he was seeing 14lbs of boost. I was surprised to hear that he had not tuned for his combo, but I am not up to speed on what all people do to the Lightning. Nice guy

Fast forward next day, heading home from church and notice a Lexus SC cutting through traffic. I speed up and end up at the light in front of him. I turn right and notice that he is going to go right as well. I keep the car in second to allow him time to get next to me. As usually, he stays in it. Mash the gas and start to pull on him put a car length on him in no time and let off. He pulls up to me and asks how much HP? I respond 390 at the crank. He scoffs and says well I have 300. Needless to say I was a little confused by his reply, the only thing I can think of is he had no idea what he just raced and thought he had done well against such a modified car. When I got home I looked up the stats on the SC, 300 hp and weight was a tremendous 3,840lbs (Heavier than I thought).

My mods are Flowmaster cat-back and drop-in K&N. No dyno or track times yet.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Good kills, gotta love the Lightnings! That is very heavy for that Lexus, I had no idea that a small car like that weighed so much!

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
you should be in 2nd at 50MPH....at least I am...and I have 4.30 gears ;)
Yes, I know. The problem was he pulled up to me fast, I was in fifth, and he started the "Honk" count down so, I did not have a lot of time to check what speed I was at and ended up just going on feel. The fifth to third is real easy to do in my car. When we got to the gas station I had to ask him what speed we had started at because after analyzing the race I figured I could have been a gear lower.

I must say that third gear is a real monster. The entire race for me was run in third and actually worked out to my advantage. Although he had the initial jump I was able to hold my own and just as I got into power band and started to pull I could hear his truck shift out of 2nd and into third and I was gone.

? does anyone know what a Lightning with those mods would run the 1/4?

Users who are viewing this thread