Couple questions about cleaning pads and microfibers

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
I have a few pads that need cleaning but not sure on the best method. Should I buy some CG APC or there is also DP foam cleaner but that is $20 and I'm just not sure if its worth that.

Also they are products out there dedicated to cleaning microfibers as well that are dishwasher safe. I have been using regular detergent and white vinegar but kind of curious to see what all of you guys use.

Thanks!

hoamskilet

Established Member
so far i've just used tide free in a washing machine for my towels. I haven't had a problem with how they've come out.

I've accumulated several sample bags of the DP pad cleaner with my last few orders, so I've been using that. Seems to get them pretty darn clean.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
so far i've just used tide free in a washing machine for my towels. I haven't had a problem with how they've come out.

I've accumulated several sample bags of the DP pad cleaner with my last few orders, so I've been using that. Seems to get them pretty darn clean.

Cool I will see if I can get a sample bag of the DP pad cleaner. I am getting ready to try the m105/205 combo. I have been an Optimum user for a while but think I want to try 2 small bottles of the meguairs.

* looks like they don't offer foam cleaner in a sample any more *

Last edited:

AWDLS2

Established Member
I use Towel Kleen to clean my Microfiber Towels and foam/MF pads. But I prespray the Pads with some APC and rinse them out before putting them in the washer just to get rid of the excess product.

I wash on warm with the extra rinse cycle and dry on low heat

Adower

Established Member
I was my towels with whatever detergent. Then use white vinegar during the second wash cycle.

I spray my pads with APC then dump them in water and clean/ring them out.

Whatever you do if you put MF towels in the drier do not use a fabric softener!

xtremeskime21

Established Member
using a power washer is VERY effective in cleaning your pads. i wash micro's by themselves with unscented detergent.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Thanks guys. I have been doing the detergent/vinegar/no softener for the microfibers but really wanted to make sure this was ok.

I ended up ordering the blackfire foam cleaner today, was not too expensive. I should have went the APC route but too late now.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I was my towels with whatever detergent. Then use white vinegar during the second wash cycle.

I spray my pads with APC then dump them in water and clean/ring them out.

Whatever you do if you put MF towels in the drier do not use a fabric softener!

I was told this when I first bought mine so heeded the warning, but what is the reason for this?:shrug:

RC

Users who are viewing this thread