Couple questions(about wheels and tires)

nc_super_snake

Established Member
Ive just got back into the Cobra world..i just recently bought a 03 redfire terminator i have the stock 17'' svt chrome wheels on it..im really thinking about going to the black chrome fr500 wheels on this car..first off what size tires will fit under the back of this car..it has 315/35/17's on it now in a sumitomo wich is junk!!these things spin horrible but they were on the car when i got it..on the front it has 275 35 17 bfg's on it i think,i cant remember the car is parked at my bussiness in the garage...anyway im wanting to got with the 18x9 18'' on front and the 18x10 18 on back however i have seen 18x10.5 but i cant seem to find them do they ever make them?..you guys give me some opinions on what tire sizes and brands to go with, the car is lowered a little but shouldnt be enough to effect anything..take into consideration this car is putting down 605rwhp as well....also one more question..is there a strut tower brace that will work with my kenne bell 2.4 blower????..Thanks in advance guys!!!...Brent

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
I have a set of Nitto INVO's on my car, I run the 18" staggered FR500 setup. 275/35/18 in the front and 295/35/18 in the back. I really like them and they perform really good. I haven't seen any 18x10.5 FR500's before so I can't help you there. With your horsepower, and depending on how you drive the car, you may want to go with a drag radial for the rears.

The only strut brace that I know of is the Maximum Motorsports one.

-Eric

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
The MM brace is the only one I know of. As for tires you need to specify driving requirements. If you like to corner or drive in ANY wet road conditions do NOT get Drag Radials. I personally like to corner so no DR's for me.

Proxses R888 or RA1's seem to be good for serious Corner Carvers, and Falken Azenis for guys that need a little more miles from their tires than the 100 treadwear rating.

Looking at these myself. Falken Tires Azenis RT-615 315/30R18 98W

nc_super_snake

Established Member
Thanks so far guys..this car will be more of a straight line car and never driven in rain unless im caught in it....i also have a 94 supra putting down 867rwhp and i have Nitto nt05's on it..that car destroys them..my KB cobra is alot more instant power then my supra so i want something that will grip pretty decent..everyone is telling me Micky thompsons but then again thats when i was going to keep my 17'' chrome svt's..im not really sure what to do both wheels look good..the svt's and the black chrome fr500's..i do know 17's will be cheaper as far as tires and i know on my supra i have 18's and it almost seems like theres not as many options in tires as the 17's....im kinda caught between a rock and a hard place!!LOL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread