CoverCraft WeatherShield HD or HP?

OBGT

Moving On Up!
Established Member
I'm bringing my car down to school and need a good cover. I hate to take it out of the garage but it's time to bring it down to school because the motorcycle just isn't cutting it in the rain. I've narrowed it down to the CoverCraft WeatherShield, but can't decide between the HD or HP. The car will be sitting in outside all the time. I'm leaning towards the HP Muti-Color but would like to see what the detailers think of it.

Below seem to be the lowest prices I found online. I found them at carcoverdepot.com. If anybody knows where I can find them cheaper please let me know.

CoverCraft WeatherShield HP $302.05
CoverCraft WeatherShield HP Muti-Color $369.50
CoverCraft WeatherShield HD $400.96

Thanks,
Shawn

BLKSVTSNAKE

Established Member
I recently purchased the Weathershield HP for my 03 cobra. Here is the link to which one I bought Cover SALE
Also here is the part number C16059WB. I paid $260.55 shipped with the cobra logo on the front. It would have been $16.00 cheaper with out the logo. I am very impressed with the covers fitment and quality. It is supposed to be one of the softest they sell and very good for outdoors.

With cover
DSC04568.gif

Without cover (Might as well show you whats underneath the cover)
DSC03833.gif

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
BLKSVTSNAKE,

I have clean black COBRA too & you know what that means. Since the car is black, it spends way too much timing just sitting in the garage collecting dust. How long do you usually go in between drives & does this help keep the car clean (less dust on top) for a longer period of time???

Just wondering what you thought... !

BLKSVTSNAKE

Established Member
BLKSVTSNAKE,

I have clean black COBRA too & you know what that means. Since the car is black, it spends way too much timing just sitting in the garage collecting dust. How long do you usually go in between drives & does this help keep the car clean (less dust on top) for a longer period of time???

Just wondering what you thought... !

My car is not a daily driver so it spends quite a bit of time in the garage too. When I drove it last weekend it had been under the cover for a little more than four weeks and when I remove the cover it was spotless. Before putting the car back under the cover I go over the entire car with a Quick Detailer to remove any dust that would scratch the paint from the cover. If you don't use your car for a daily driver or have to park outside you will never look back after getting a cover.

filthymcnasty

Established Member
I have car covers on all of my cars (California Car Cover). But they only get about 500 miles/year max (I drive them when I'm home on leave in the summer). They are great at protecting against the occasional brush up against them as I walk around the my shop. However, for a car that's going to sit outside, I'm not sure I would recommend one (even the covers advertised for outdoor use). The problem is that dust will get where dust can go. Even with a car cover, you're still going to get a minimal amount of dust underneath the cover. Combine that with the flapping on the paint that will occur with a strong wind and it will cause scratching. Plus, taking that thing on and off everytime you drive it will be a PITA. Keep it washed once a week with a good detail regimen overall and you will be o.k. You should get a sunshield for the window though.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I have the Cal car cover weathershield (the most expensive outdoor one they make) 2 tone. My car is also black and spends 99.9% of its life covered in the garage. This cover is outstanding.

To the OP-I would not put a cover on your car unless it's clean and free of water/dirt/road grime, etc....

dscf7959ho6.jpg

dscf7963wy7.jpg

dscf7961st8.jpg

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Hector,

That is one nice COBRA car-cover dude... ! :rockon:

LOL, Thanks Kevin!~ My wife surprised me a couple of Christmas' ago and ordered it. She thought the red/black theme would go well with the 10th anniversary. Man it was just a lot of money for nylon

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
mine sits outside in the back of the driveway but id like to get a cover so RiffRaff driving by cant tell what car it is. The problem is I cant wash it each time I park it so Id have to put the cover on when the car is dirty.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Why would you use a California Duster? I cringe to think what is on that as you run it over the paint.

Trust me, before I started detailing cars I thought the very same thing. However, when this puppy is used it is highly effective & does not rub things into the paint. Just remember, you are gentle rolling it over the car & taking most of the dust & dirt with it. You then shake it out & make another pass.

One a car that is always very clean & stays inside a garage most of the time, this unit does no harm to the paint. I'm a perfectionist & I wouldn't do anything that would harm the paint... ! ;-)

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Trust me, before I started detailing cars I thought the very same thing. However, when this puppy is used it is highly effective & does not rub things into the paint. Just remember, you are gentle rolling it over the car & taking most of the dust & dirt with it. You then shake it out & make another pass.

One a car that is always very clean & stays inside a garage most of the time, this unit does no harm to the paint. I'm a perfectionist & I wouldn't do anything that would harm the paint... ! ;-)

X2, Iv'e owned my share of black cars and I'm also a perfectionist.

I've seen people apply pressure while using the dusters, that will leave scratches.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
The problem is I cant wash it each time I park it so Id have to put the cover on when the car is dirty.

You will do more harm than good doing that. All you need to do is hit the car with detail spray and a soft microfiber cloth before putting the cover on. This way you a cleaning the dirt off and not rubbing it in with the cover.

On a side note there are also good and bad ways to install/remove a cover. I have found that if you fold the sides up onto the roof a few times and then roll the cover from the front to the back, you have less risk of rubbing the cover on the car. This also keeps the inside and outside sufaces touching them selves to avoid cross contamination. I know it sounds crazy but you dont want that dirt from the outside of the cover getting onto the inside that touches the paint.

BTW I am using a coverking stormproof cover.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread