Coyote motor and a TR6060?

Fuerig

Established Member
Quick question - I removed my shelby engine to go with a 5.0 twin turbo setup. My question is will my TR6060 bolt up to my new 5.0? I plan on installing a 6r80 in the next few months when funds become available but until then I need to install my TR6060 or buy a MT82. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Angry50

Established Member
would it not be easier to trade in for an auto gt and twin turbo it? I never heard of anyone replacing the Shelby motor with a 5.0

Fuerig

Established Member
would it not be easier to trade in for an auto gt and twin turbo it? I never heard of anyone replacing the Shelby motor with a 5.0

If I traded it in for a auto GT I would have to start all over ( suspension, roll cage, fond memories etc etc). Engine swaps are easier than going into debt to do the same exact thing.

Fuerig

Established Member
Twin Turbo 5.0 > The World. Not to mention a hell of a lot cheaper once something breaks. Broke Shelby engine problems aren't fun.

Angry50

Established Member
Twin Turbo 5.0 > The World. Not to mention a hell of a lot cheaper once something breaks. Broke Shelby engine problems aren't fun.

lol greater than the world. that's pretty good. so you prefer the auto to the manual? just making it a track beast I guess?

Fuerig

Established Member
lol greater than the world. that's pretty good. so you prefer the auto to the manual? just making it a track beast I guess?

I prefer the 6r80 for the track yes. Change out a few internals of the 6r80 and let it eat all day. Rumor has it that you can tune down the time between shifts. I don't plan on any road courses just track racing and a little bit of saturday night roll racing.

Voltwings

Established Member
As far as it bolting to the bellhousing, i believe so. Will need a different clutch i believe ... idk i keep confusing myself trying to think about this backwards, because i have a buddy who was trying to put a TR6060 into his BOSS and i keep thinking of all the things that wouldnt work.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
If you have the trans, you'll probably just need speedo sensor from JPC, maybe the crossmember too?

the spline on the TR6060 is a 26 spline, MT82 is 23. so the clutch that you've got with the TR6060 should be OK.

also...when you go to an auto, I'll buy that 6060 from you, if you want to sell it. Just throwing that out there. PM me.

i'm curious on how the 6060 and 5.0 combo will work. should be potent. you'll need a minumum of 3.73's in the rear, depending on how much power you're making with the TT's.

i've heard 4.10's are favorable if you're less than 700 or so.

Fuerig

Established Member
If you have the trans, you'll probably just need speedo sensor from JPC, maybe the crossmember too?

the spline on the TR6060 is a 26 spline, MT82 is 23. so the clutch that you've got with the TR6060 should be OK.

also...when you go to an auto, I'll buy that 6060 from you, if you want to sell it. Just throwing that out there. PM me.

i'm curious on how the 6060 and 5.0 combo will work. should be potent. you'll need a minumum of 3.73's in the rear, depending on how much power you're making with the TT's.

i've heard 4.10's are favorable if you're less than 700 or so.

I already have 3.73 gears so I'll let you know how it works out. There are a few twin turbo coyotes on youtube that run a tr6060 and it seems to work well but they are running 6lbs of boost. I am guessing they spent all of their money on the turbos instead of reinforcing the block so it limits their boost amounts.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
Yeah, I've seen a few of those videos. They definitely look good! If I don't find a 6060, I'll just do JPC's T56 swap.

like I said, let me know if you want to sell that thing when you're ready.

Users who are viewing this thread