Coyote Swap into New Edge

Shinigami23

Established Member
So I just bought a forged/billet 2014 Coyote motor to put into my 2002 GT. I had questions regarding how to set it up. I know about Power By the Hour, but I want to know people that have done it and what steps they took or what route. I am going to go with a stand alone engine management system and can't decide between Holley or AEM. Any thoughts? I will be turbocharging it as well. Could I buy a kit from someone like Hellion or will the parts have to be custom fabricated because of the difference in body styles? I'm curious what you all think and any feedback is appreciated.

jaxbusa

Established Member
I could be wrong but I thought that the Ford computer is the only one that allows you to keep the variable valve timing. I don’t think anyone has an off the shelf kit for your setup. And since you asked for feedback, I think I would use the blower that’s supported by the power by hour brackets. Keep it simple unless you have fab skills or deep pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Sluggie24

Established Member
Your best bet would be to talk to hellion directly and tell them your plan. I bet they have answers for you on if it can be done. At the very least they could probably get you dimensions of the kit installed on the engine. Then you would just have to take some measurements of your engine bay.

I think Holley would be the better choice for what your plan is.

Users who are viewing this thread