Coyote Swap Times.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Hey all went to the track couple a weeks ago. Anyone else running their coyote swap at the track. I need some times to compare too. Time, mods, hp/tq in sig. Pretty happy so far looking to go 10s motor only.

Black11gt

Established Member
Love it. Happy to see coyote are being a new swap for other platforms.. running good OP!!

Prototype007

Established Member
Hey all went to the track couple a weeks ago. Anyone else running their coyote swap at the track. I need some times to compare too. Time, mods, hp/tq in sig. Pretty happy so far looking to go 10s motor only.

Good job man! Car is screaming!

I love this.
I need a Coyote SO bad.

With your gear banging skills, you'd make a stock Coyote swap go 9's lol!

Nice times ! What is the weight of the car?

Read my mind.

Love it. Happy to see coyote are being a new swap for other platforms.. running good OP!!

I'd love to have a Coyote in 94-98 GT/Cobra body :banana:

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Specs on the car.

I have to say the track prep was close to perfect and the air was around 55 degrees. The DA is around sea level. Specs are as follows:
-5.0 Coyote
-BBK 1 3/4 Longtubes
-2 1/2 X pipe into Summit mufflers out to 2 1/2 tailpipes (quiet as shit)
-JLT cold air
-Dynoed Performance-Dyno tune for 93 octane.
-Cars weight is undetermined, however tubular k-member, 5.0 coyote 50 lbs lighter then cast iron pushrod, no a/c, no hvac, no carpet, no sway bar, no crash bar, no radio, no mach 460, etc. Only thing left is the stock front control arms, stock springs, abs, rear seat delete, spare tire and jack, wheels, and stock heavy ass seats. Estimated wieght is 3000 with my fat ass in it.
-Ram power grip HD (500hp)
-26 spine 700hp Astro Performance 3650 stock shifter.
-al d/s
-mildly built rearend fr 3.73 with alloy usa 28 spine axles with a diy lsd grinded down to accept more clutches.
-Front cut eibach drag springs with worn out lakewood 70/30 struts.
-Rear cut 01 gt springs with stock 03 mach 1 shocks.
-10 year old steeda upper and lower tubular control arms.
-^ cheap ass drag suspension. Think I paid 150 for all of it.
-NTO5 drag radials 275 40 17 mounted on 95 rs (with the 11.3 run it lifted the front left wheel about 2 inches off the ground).
After I get back from deployment at the end of this year I will be back to the track with a shift light, a set of byes ply tires, 100 lbs lighter, and possibly a line loc (real problem with the manuel brakes holding the car from going forward while doing burn outs.)
-oh yeah it has manuel brakes and steering.
-Launched car at 4200 rpm (any higher resulted in tire spin and 11.5 to 11.8 runs)
-Shift points were using the stock tach at 7000 rpms so unsure if correct.
-Also went through the traps at around 6000 in 4th gear so car has alot of run for a taller set of gears.
-I have lots of pics of the swap and I am working on getting the videos, dyno sheets, and track slips on line.
-Please feel free to ask me any questions about the swap.

Last edited:

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Video

That outlines it perfectly. Thanks. 10 second mph for sure.

Get us a video!!!! :)
I have the 11.4 run on gopro but my wife has the other run. She is back in the states so may take some time but I will defintaly get the 11.4 run up. Also will work on transfering the dyno sheet and track slips from my iphone to laptop so I can post them.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
it might be a little pricey, but they make an abs delete solenoid with a line lock built into it, that way you could kill two birds and save the abs weight off the front end. unless you wanted to keep abs for some reason

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Really quiet on camera

dude..... please post a vid without music. I want to hear that car
Will work on a video where you can here it. Car is very quite on camera. Summit mufflers with 2 1/2 tailpipe=ultimate sleeper exhaust. After driving it to the muffler shop with open headers I thought I may have to change the exhaust cause it is literally quieter then a stock 2012 5.0 exhaust. And apparently it does hurt the power output.

Users who are viewing this thread