Coyote swapped Cobra vs F10 M5

F8L BYT

Established Member
Race hasn't taken place yet, but will be tomorrow. I have a 98 cobra with a 2012 GT coyote swap. So the normal upgrades for now, Full exhaust, JLT CAI, and tuned on 93 for now. Full tubular front suspension, 3.73 gears etc.

He has a f10 M5 ( twin turbo v8) it only has filters and a tune. So to break it down not in a ricer math kind of way haha, his car weighs probably 4,400lbs and 600-615 to the wheels where mine is probably 3200-3300 with ~420hp to the wheels.

How do you guys think the race will go? How bad will he get me? Going from a roll since I don't have the slicks on this weekend

Inb0ost

Established Member
Hard to say as what are his tq numbers? I assume the F10 is a auto (paddle shifted) car vs your manual. Interested in the outcome myself.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think he is closer to 525-550hp to the wheels, but either way it should be a pretty good race.

When you say "full" exhaust, do you have headers too? That makes a nice difference on them.

HandBanana

Established Member
You will probably jump him and then he will pull ahead a few cars each gear. Those things are brutal on the highway. Just take solace in that fact that you have a 1/4 of the investment in your car.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Hard to say as what are his tq numbers? I assume the F10 is a auto (paddle shifted) car vs your manual. Interested in the outcome myself.

Ooops yes forgot to mention that, I'm manual and he has the DCT 7sp auto

I think he is closer to 525-550hp to the wheels, but either way it should be a pretty good race.

When you say "full" exhaust, do you have headers too? That makes a nice difference on them.

Yeah it has full exhaust Lontubes, 3" O/R X, Bullet style mufflers dumped before the axle

Blackoyote

Established Member
From a dig to 120-130, I feel it'd be atleast 6-7 cars...can't wait to see/hear the outcome. Those suckers are fast.

evolve

Established Member
Hes gonna beat you like you stole something. I ran one with my current setup... They are no joke.

Voltwings

Established Member
I had a full cobrajet setup on my 5.0 and got walked by a stock one, you cant match the torque of a turbo motor on the hit, he's going to leave you. Granted, he should, its not like anyone is dissing your build, he's just got the faster set up.

Speedboosted

Established Member
OP's car weighs a lot less than the normal coyotes...shouldn't matter too much, but I agree that the lower the speeds, the more of a chance you'll have.

KushBandit

Established Member
He's gonna put a block on you from a roll. You have a better chance at a lower speed or better yet, a dig. I still see the "beamer" walking you even if the roll speed is better for you. A tuned F10 is no joke.

In no way am I knocking your ride, its beautiful and I'm sure it's quick, but the BMW is the faster car.

Are you going to record it OP?

I had a full cobrajet setup on my 5.0 and got walked by a stock one, you cant match the torque of a turbo motor on the hit, he's going to leave you. Granted, he should, its not like anyone is dissing your build, he's just got the faster set up.

You take off your Cobra Jet setup? What're you going to now? If you don't mind me asking.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
It won't be as bad as you think

One thing i did notice about your mod list is that 3.73 gears got to go. Depending on what trans you have. Mine is a 03 cobra T-56. So naturally 4.30 gears with a 275/40/17 nitto drag. Car is dirty from a 35 roll. So i would say racem as is then do gears and see what the difference is. Think it will be much closer with the gears. Nice swap by the way love coyote swaps with rare colors.

kaz109

Established Member
I hate these kinda threads!!! Love your swap and car is damn clean and with that said this F10 will mud stomp you.

Jmurrz

Established Member
As everyone else has said, try to get him from a dig. They do have launch control, but if he is making more power than stock it is still difficult to get them to hook. Good luck.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
OP your next mod should be a blower, you'd put a hurtin that M5. With your current set up you'll hang down low but past 90 he's gonna start walking. Get it on vid if you can.

Jmurrz

Established Member
Idk why everyone is so upset about this thread, it is not bench racing, he said the race is taking place TODAY. He just wanted to get an idea of what to expect. To me this is more of a cliff hanger that makes me want to know how it goes down :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread