CPE stge 2 motor mount - installed

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, I installed one of these things on my car at 40 miles and currently have a little over 600 on it.

Here's my review for this thing, I'm going to keep it really simple.

There is still a ton of wheel hop. Torque steer (just like factory) and a whole lot more vibrations at 1k-1.2k rpms. It shakes the whole front end of the car. Those vibrations have lightened up but they are still there, it's really noticeable.

This mount did little to nothing for me so I do not recommend it.

It was about 50 degrees yesterday and I got on it in second gear and the car still wheel hoped horribly. It wheel hops even worse in the rain.

Hope this helps some people out. Not to sure what this mount was supposed to do but it didn't really do anything except for create more vibrations. I bet it did reduce engine movement but wheel hop is still there.

TRBO VNM

That vibration is NVH. Whenever you replace bushings with a harder or stiffer bushing material it will transfer noise vibration harmonics a lot more. Just part of it.

Is this the lower trans mount or one of the upper mounts?

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
That vibration is NVH. Whenever you replace bushings with a harder or stiffer bushing material it will transfer noise vibration harmonics a lot more. Just part of it.

Is this the lower trans mount or one of the upper mounts?

its the "lower".....i still call it the "dogbone" but its not that shape on the newer focus.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
it's the lower mounts. The one that holds the engine to the subframe. I know it was going to increase the NVH by some but was not expecting it to shake the shit out of the whole car. This is my first FWD vehicle too so i'm not too familiar with their bushings or anything.

I still get a bunch of wheelhop too, which is ridiculous.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I have a 2014. Would the TSB be for them too or earlier years?

What mounts does the TSB replace?

Users who are viewing this thread