Craigslist ad... (no not that kind... LOL)

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I saw that same post earlier today. It's also listed a little differently in Portland CL. Book on it is almost twice that price. Scam?

shznit

shznit
Established Member
That's what I'm thinkin... there's always the chance its one of those weird deals you hear about (wife sells husbands car cheap, etc.)

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Yeah I checked that out... it is written different. Could be legit... but if the guy doesn't even answer it doesn't matter I guess lol.

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Sounds fishy....

Here's his reply:

"The tires are in great condition, the car has never been wrecked and I have the boot for the top. I am the second owner and have kept it waxed and in perfect running order. Top is still in good shape, paint excellent, has not been driven hard or raced. Miles 69000, transmission manual, Year 1999, title clear, VIN number 1FAFP46V0XF216668, fuel type gasoline. This is a very reliable car that has never given me any problems. A great car that will not disappoint. I just moved to Helena Montana, because my wife is from here and she wanted to be closer to her parents as they are old and very ill. Besides, there are lot of things which have priority now, so, this car has to go. We are expecting a baby in a few weeks and I really want to buy a house in time for the baby. The car is ready for the shipping at the shipping company warehouse. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low 4,800 Dollars for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow. Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the car is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast, shipping cost is included in price. The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan. So, please reply back with your name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasing this car so we can start the arrangements!"

divided

Established Member
Sounds fishy....

Here's his reply:

"The tires are in great condition, the car has never been wrecked and I have the boot for the top. I am the second owner and have kept it waxed and in perfect running order. Top is still in good shape, paint excellent, has not been driven hard or raced. Miles 69000, transmission manual, Year 1999, title clear, VIN number 1FAFP46V0XF216668, fuel type gasoline. This is a very reliable car that has never given me any problems. A great car that will not disappoint. I just moved to Helena Montana, because my wife is from here and she wanted to be closer to her parents as they are old and very ill. Besides, there are lot of things which have priority now, so, this car has to go. We are expecting a baby in a few weeks and I really want to buy a house in time for the baby. The car is ready for the shipping at the shipping company warehouse. As you probably noticed, the price is rather low 4,800 Dollars for you if you will buy it today or tomorrow. Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the car is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast, shipping cost is included in price. The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan. So, please reply back with your name and shipping address if you are really interested in purchasing this car so we can start the arrangements!"

LOL. I saw the EXACT same scam on a bike I was looking at on craiglist. Same deal to about to busy and having everything already waiting.

Tylerb59

Established Member
I also note "boot", "cabrio" aren't words people around here use either.

I give him credit for knowing about the 99 fix and general BS about "never raced". Also take a look at the license plate on the truck.

Last edited:

shznit

shznit
Established Member
I saw the license plate too but couldn't make it out.

Funny cause I got the exact same thing sent to me for a response.

Rat bastards....

Users who are viewing this thread