Craigslist fox runs 175 mph..

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Fool said "if you are brave enough to drive it off my yard"

Challenge accepted. Now gimme the keys billy bob.

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
Even a stock fox will go 200...kilometers per hour

Last edited:

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
If this thing goes 200 mph watch out c7 z06! Could be bargain of the year lol

Blackoyote

Established Member
LOL...I stumbled across this and passed the ad along to my magnificent co-worker who enjoys playing with these retards. Here's his email, it'll give you a good laugh.

Let me start off by telling you what a pleasure it was to stumble across your post, as I so happen to be in the market for a C& Corvette, 911 Turbo or anything else that can knock on the coveted 200mph door. Luckily I found your 1988 Mustang 5.o that goes 175…possibly 200. I am a Nigerian prince, with a tattered driving record..mostly due to that school zone I was living a quarter a mile at a time through. But that’s a different story for a different time. Having said that insurance premiums are quite expensive for the above mentioned cars, but doing a quick quote I found that I can save a considerable amount of money by rolling in this bad boy. From the profound, skillful language that you’ve filled your ad with I can only assume that you do, or have at some point worked on a race team. I was hoping you could give me a little background on the “worked” heads, the camp profile, what kind of sparjplugs you’re using and if your alternator is rated @ 220 amps or above? From what I understand the alternator is what really gets the juice flowing to the rear wheels, enabling it to Smke tires in 3rd, on your way up to 175. I also noticed you mentioned that you have a racing transmission, can you tell me a little bit about what makes it a racing transmission? Perhaps my feeble mind overlooked an important detail, but the only thing I’m seeing is the mention of a short shifter, in which case, you’ve done nothing to making it a racing tranny, something I know a lot about after my time timing marathons in San Francisco’s gay district. Now pending a little more background such as mileage and answers to the above question’s I look forward to doing business with you. You seem firm on the price which I respect, and will do you one better. I am going to write you a cashier’s check in the amount of $10,000 for the car, you take $6500, and put the remaining $3500 in the trunk, but please no bills. I only want nickels, pennies and dimes to ensure that there is enough weight in the back so I don’t break traction.

I look forward to your timely response and to doing business with you.

03 deadpool

Established Member
Im guessing he did the rear and never recalibrated the speedo ? . Any memebers close enough to take the challenge of driving it out of the driveway.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Meh, poor attempt at trying to be the next viral Craigslist ad. Outside of that though it looks like a fairly clean Fox.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
LOL...I stumbled across this and passed the ad along to my magnificent co-worker who enjoys playing with these retards. Here's his email, it'll give you a good laugh.

Let me start off by telling you what a pleasure it was to stumble across your post, as I so happen to be in the market for a C& Corvette, 911 Turbo or anything else that can knock on the coveted 200mph door. Luckily I found your 1988 Mustang 5.o that goes 175…possibly 200. I am a Nigerian prince, with a tattered driving record..mostly due to that school zone I was living a quarter a mile at a time through. But that’s a different story for a different time. Having said that insurance premiums are quite expensive for the above mentioned cars, but doing a quick quote I found that I can save a considerable amount of money by rolling in this bad boy. From the profound, skillful language that you’ve filled your ad with I can only assume that you do, or have at some point worked on a race team. I was hoping you could give me a little background on the “worked” heads, the camp profile, what kind of sparjplugs you’re using and if your alternator is rated @ 220 amps or above? From what I understand the alternator is what really gets the juice flowing to the rear wheels, enabling it to Smke tires in 3rd, on your way up to 175. I also noticed you mentioned that you have a racing transmission, can you tell me a little bit about what makes it a racing transmission? Perhaps my feeble mind overlooked an important detail, but the only thing I’m seeing is the mention of a short shifter, in which case, you’ve done nothing to making it a racing tranny, something I know a lot about after my time timing marathons in San Francisco’s gay district. Now pending a little more background such as mileage and answers to the above question’s I look forward to doing business with you. You seem firm on the price which I respect, and will do you one better. I am going to write you a cashier’s check in the amount of $10,000 for the car, you take $6500, and put the remaining $3500 in the trunk, but please no bills. I only want nickels, pennies and dimes to ensure that there is enough weight in the back so I don’t break traction.

I look forward to your timely response and to doing business with you.

:thumbsup::pepper::D

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Meh, poor attempt at trying to be the next viral Craigslist ad. Outside of that though it looks like a fairly clean Fox.

I think the ad is serious lol. Most people who try to make a viral ad take time and spell everything right. But you are right it doesn't look to bad could use some tlc and I think 6500 is way steep.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I emailed him and asked him if he has had it up to 175mph... he replied with:

"Yes sir if ur intrested then come get it, ill show u in person it will go past 175, topped it out yesterday at 179"

haha I'm going to keep giving him a hard time.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Me- "Is it just a NA 5.0L? It doesn't have a turbo or supercharger?"

Him- "Yes sir 5.0 ho stock with worked heads and a cam on it also has 2 cats for exhaust call me for more info if u can I'm at wrk and its hard to check my email my number is 9107428817"

Blackoyote

Established Member
Ah, gotta feel bad for the guy for being so naive. My question is this: What device is he using to measure this speed, since we all know fox bodies speedo only goes up to 140. There's no mention of a sweet Sun-Pro 5" dash mounted speedometer.

Annnnnnnd, holy shit holy shit holy shit, he emailed my buddy back - for the love of God, see his response:

Hello Mr. Grant my name is Kevin Lucas, I just wanted to let you know that Nigeria does not have a ****ing prince so that was a lie. But if you want the car my number is 9107428817 I only except cash unless I talk to your bank in person first about your check. The transmission is a t5 from another drag car that has a stage 1 racing clutch in it that I installed brand new a few months ago the engine is a 5.0 333 h.o. with bored .33 heads and a Rochester cam on it. Enough said send the check, come get the stang it will go 225 with a nos pack on it no problem I know this because this is my second 5.0

Users who are viewing this thread