Crank shafts and head problems

2000 gt

Established Member
Ok guys just looking for some input/advice. Pulled my motor and found two bent valves and the two same rocker arms sitting at the bottom of the head What have u guys used to build up the heads. Does comp cams or Somone make like a kit that comes with better cams and valves etc.. Now also the key slot in the crank I found was broken and the crank looks messed up not sure if I wanna use it again. With my teksid block and 99 cobra heads. Will a terminator crank work. Or are the better more affordable cranks to look into. Any links and advice is greatly appreciated

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
Termi cranks should work... to my knowledge.. the only thing different about a 99-01 vs a 03-04 lower is forged internals and iron vs aluminum block

01yellercobra

Established Member
All Cobras from 96-04 have forged cranks. Only the 03/04's have forged rods and pistons as well.

shurur

Established Member
PM NA SVT for good advice.

You may want to stroke kit to a 5.0L and put some 106060/106100 comp cams in the thing....upgrade opportunity!!!

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
With bent valves you're going to need a few valve guides replaced. Valves can be gotten from MMR or Mod Max for good prices.

As previously stated, Cobra cranks from 96-04 are all the same.

2000 gt

Established Member
Ok I'm gunna look into that. Now is it worth it buyn 2003 cobra heads and using those on my teksid. Would I need any other parts to use those heads or is it a direct fit. Also how could I identify the heads to in fact be termi heads. Thanks guys if that don't make sense. To do I may just want to cam my heads and build them up completely

2000 gt

Established Member
Na svt. Im just trying to figure out what's my best bang for the buck. Build my heads now with maybe a comp setup (not sure how much it would cost). Or buy stock 03 heads and just use those

01yellercobra

Established Member
Your best bet would be finding out how much it'll cost to get your heads fixed compared to buying another pair of heads.

Personally I would look into getting your current heads worked over.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Just build yours. Remember that 03/04s are ten years old now. You'd probably want the seals and maybe the guides gone through anyway.

2000 gt

Established Member
True I've been reading up. And according to a few articles if my heads get some port work done they are close to terminator heads flow rate. So I guess if I build my heads. And maybe throw a cam in it. I should be good. What have you guys used when building your heads. Does comp or somebody sell like a complete kit stage 2 pr somthing like that. Maybe mmr .?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Na svt. Im just trying to figure out what's my best bang for the buck. Build my heads now with maybe a comp setup (not sure how much it would cost). Or buy stock 03 heads and just use those

Get a new set of valves from MMR, Mod MAx or replace only those that are bad. Enlarge the valve seat IDs as they are quire restrictive, replace the bad guides or all of them and get new seals.

2000 gt

Established Member
It's been a crazy busy weekend I have Pm's and text messages to get back and I will Monday at some point. Thanks all for the input andhelp so far. Ill get back to you guys ASAP And keep u all posted as to what route I choose. Can't thank this forum enough for all the good info and advice

Users who are viewing this thread