Crankshaft Opinion, Boss 302 vs stock??

Newbomb Turk

Established Member
I'm going to build a forged Coyote for my 2011 Auto and was wondering what's the difference between the Boss 302 crank & the stock 2011 crank? Is the factory one forged or cast? The build will be a N/A with a 150-200 Nitrous when needed. I will be starting with a new block, Manley rods, Ported heads & cams, Cobra Jet, & Monoblade. I don't mind spending money, just want to do this once. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, John

corepwn

Established Member
It's the exact same crank with a different balance to account for the different rods/pistons used between the models. Both are forged.

corepwn

Established Member
Block/Rods would still probably be your weak point at about 1000rwhp. Most people going higher than that go with a sleeved block. Nothing in your build sounds like more than 700rwhp to me.

Newbomb Turk

Established Member
Block/Rods would still probably be your weak point at about 1000rwhp. Most people going higher than that go with a sleeved block. Nothing in your build sounds like more than 700rwhp to me.

No I'd be extremely happy @ 700rwh! That should put me into low 10's high nines easily and that works!

Users who are viewing this thread