Crap now my belt is squeking!

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
A couple months ago I did the BF 2.93 with snub idler , I didn't have the money at the time to get the full 4 piece idler set. Now my belt is starting to chirp/squek when cold the last few days and is getting worse. I ofcourse used new dayco polycog belt (74.5) when I did pulley.
I am thinking it could be the remaining 3 factory idlers. Now my question is can I just get three of the 92mm billet flow idlers so I can still use the new belt I got or is it better to with the two 100mm and the 92mm like it comes in the kit, but then I would have to buy a longer belt.

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
I can try it but I don't think its because belt is dirty I only have about 100 miles on it and looks like new

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
my dayco polycog squeaked when it had only a couple hundred miles on it.. switched to Gates HD all is well now

Chas

Established Member
I had my inner belt replaced under warrenty when the car was new and I just replaced the inner belt again about 6 months ago. This time I used a goodyear belt and it has been quite since. (knock on wood) I tried everything before replacing the inner cause you have to remove the lower pulley.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
My gates belt squeaked, so I replaced with Gold label Dayco poly-cog belt.
The blower sounds alot better now- ALOT louder. Get the Dayco Gold Label.:coolman:

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Thats what I got on it now , the Dayco Poly cog , I think I am just going to get the BF idler pulley's and a new belt.

Users who are viewing this thread