Crashed on Friday :(

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
On my way home from work on friday night, I swerved to avoid some assh*ole and when I did, the wonderfull line mod valve shifted hard as hell, which made me fishtale....(the floor was wet from all the rain).I tried to controll it but I spun into a 360, went over the median, smacked a palm tree which caved my door in and ripped my mirror the hell off!after that I spun again into oncoming traffic....luckily,there were no cars coming. I ended up finally smacking into the canal guard rail. If not for the guard rail.....I could of ended up.......

Anyway I was ok after the impact, not even a scratch (Thank the Mighty One Above)

Now my truck is all fu*ked up, and I'm waiting for an adjuster to give me a claim #. I estimate the damage some where around 10,000/12,000 dollars.

So moral of the story is I'm glad to be alive, even though it was at the expense of my baby :( Oh well, I'll be back soon...................I hope.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Ouch!!!!! Man sorry to hear bout the wreck................ thats problem with that truck, dun like rain all that weell, wait till you get snow like we do!!!!!!!! Yeaaa haaaa. Hope the insrance people treat you right..

-zach

gwpsvt

Established Member
Kewl story,

Glad tou didn't get hurt. I lost a little traction this morning and I thought to myself Hmmmmm..... That could have been nasty.

DJANIMATE

Established Member
Did the same thing in the rain doing about 35 mph, the truck downshifted and I felt the back end start going sideways. Luckily as soon as it started to shift I let off and regained. At least you and others didn't get hurt, that's the most important thing.

foreverford

Established Member
:uh oh: Man thats horrible. I know how you feel, when I put my 54 f-100 through a brick wall, i was fine but i cried:cryying: when i saw all the damage. Still currently doing the rebuild. I got $0 from my insurance. At least you are ok.

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Thanks for your comments guys, I appreciate the concern.
But remember, "I live my life one quarter mile at a time ;)"
Lol......I'm just glad to be ok, "Darth Vader" will ride again!

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
P.S.
I forgot to mention I'm thinking of trading her in after the fix.....maby I'm superstitious, but I've had nothing but bad luck w/her since I got her.Of course I'll be trading her in for another color, not another car/truck.The short time that I have had w/her she's been too much fun.....(Just tryin to keep my chin up)

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Bad luck ha...... should have bought a certain blue chevy caprice.............. talk about luck................ or maybe a '96 edie Bauer Exploder that rolled :)

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
I think sohowcome might be hinting at personal experience with bad luck.

By the way I'm glad to hear you're ok but it sucks that the truck got crunched.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
heres some of my luck

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

rotate.gif

Last edited:

tonysailor

Established Member
Hang in there

Dude,
Take advantage of this situation and make it into positive gains for you, your family and your truck!!

Just be Happy that YOU were not hurt or ANYONE else. You'll be out there with your family soon enough.

Kicking some butt and tell'em to go home and "pack your lunch", because they'll have enough of time to eat it after watching the tail lights!!

You got friends here!!

Tonysailor

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
It's nice to see support on this forum for those who have gone through hard times. Thanks for all the well wishes guys. I really do appreciate it.

Your friend,

2001SVTMAN (A.K.A -JOEL)

Users who are viewing this thread