Crashed R

GaryGrimm

Established Member
Some sad photos a friend sent me! I can really see how easy it would be to wreck this car. I was on the highway going 60, dropped that car into 3rd and nailed it. The car went into a drift at 60+!! It made my hands shake for the next 30 min! I have a fear of this car. :eek:
~Gary

MVC-001.jpg

MVC-002.jpg

MVC-003.jpg

MVC-004.jpg

MVC-005.jpg

MVC-007.jpg

MVC-008.jpg

MVC-009.jpg

MVC-010.jpg

MVC-011.jpg

MVC-012.jpg

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Did you check the vin so we could try and figure out which R it is? I know mine got away on me playing, you got to respect them.

svtguy

Established Member
I think those pics are from a few years ago. I think the car was being repaired, but more damage was found and the insurance company decided to total it. That is why the dash was removed. All the removed parts were just pilled up inside the car and sent to auction.

Paul

Last edited:

Established Member
Having been involved in a pretty good ride in an R myself, it is really amazing how well all the R's hold up in an accident. A well engineered rollcage helps.

Steve

flattrack53

Established Member
I remember a few years back Bill Anderson had cobra r #290 but I believe it was hit in the rear.

JohnW#88

Established Member
That R needs to be repaired, and made into a TRACK HERO!! :rockon:

That was my first thought, too.

But, after looking at the pics closer and knowing what R's have been selling for lately, you'd be better off starting with a less thrashed buggy. Too many unforeseen ($$$$) issues hiding in there. That is unless you're bodyman.

Users who are viewing this thread