crate motor

ralphcobra

Established Member
Guys. About to buy a new Ford crate motor the 347 z engine 450 hp to stuff into my 93 cobra track car, road racing.Ford is making me a good offer right now on this engine and I was looking for some input from you guys for this engine before I dropped the hammer on this much cash. I will have to change several things to make it work with my fuel injection, distributor, water pump, but I have everything needed to make the change from my present engine. Is this a logical move, if anything is logical with a car used just for fun?
Money is not the only issue here. I want to put down more h.p. than I am doing with my current engine at 305 h.p. at the wheels. I do realize that with this combo, I might be getting more power than my 9 inch rims and 295 tires will hold. You guys that race have any thoughts? thanks, Ralph

1993R

Established Member
Depends how smooth you are when driving. Road Race motors normally have really flat and smooth torque curves. The traction issue will depend on the type of tires you are using. If they are R compounds then with the right set up I wouldn't be too worried.Trannv and rear-end may give you problems with 450 hp. What type of rear suspension are you running?

Users who are viewing this thread