crazy fast turbo civic hatch vs my mach1

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
Started toying with this guy back and forth going home we are both at a light together and looking sizing up the comp. We both leave slow from the light and then take off a little way up the road to my surprise the guy hangs with me! I heard the turbo but damn I wondered how much boost! So we slow down and then they ask me (3 total in car) if I want to run again. I say sure so we proceed . I ask him what has he done the passenger reply is Honda! I laugh and they tell me turbo. They ask me the same and I say stock (which is true) they are surprised because I stayed with them from our roll (me im surprised a Honda stayed with me!)

So Ran this guy with 3 people total in his car 3 times. Twice from a roll and once from a dig. Both rolls from 30mph or so... he honked 3 time we go, very even take offs. the first roll i kill him (he missed a shift) and the second roll he killed me by a good one and a half cars. From a dig I spin all through first (over zealous) and hold him out strong until about 70 (I feel him inching) and we shut down at 130 (or so) with me half car up. (Had to stop for traffic if not he probably would have passed me!)

I tried to pull over to talk with the guy but they had to run the only thing I know is that he said it was turbo. One kid had a digi camera (i think filming).
but damn that car was crazy fast!

All new respect for the Honda and respectful drivers!

*thinking to myself* I need to get modding.

(sorry if spelling or grammar is horrible I am still pumped from this race!)

Last edited:

TacticalKaos

Established Member
My brother's big into Hondas and has built several cars that crush modded V8s regularly. He knows he'll never beat the fastest V8 but like he says "I'm not racing the fastest V8, I'm racing what pulls up to the light". He's right though, competant street cars come in many forms. He's currently got an S2000 as a daily driver and a Civic hatchback with a supercharged H22 with spray and drags up front. He crushes me in that thing.

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
My brother's big into Hondas and has built several cars that crush modded V8s regularly. He knows he'll never beat the fastest V8 but like he says "I'm not racing the fastest V8, I'm racing what pulls up to the light". He's right though, competant street cars come in many forms. He's currently got an S2000 as a daily driver and a Civic hatchback with a supercharged H22 with spray and drags up front. He crushes me in that thing.

sounds crazy fast!

TacticalKaos

Established Member
svt_foci said:
sounds crazy fast!

It is. He just finished it and wants to run me bad when I come home. I know he'll spank me bad. It's a legitmate 11 second car and he can drive like a fool.

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
It is. He just finished it and wants to run me bad when I come home. I know he'll spank me bad. It's a legitmate 11 second car and he can drive like a fool.

good luck what are you running>?

REPCobra10

Established Member
Sounds like some fun races against the turbocharged Honda there man. I think he would have pulled on you if there wasn't three people in the car though. Some of those cars are very fast when built right. As a matter of fact, last year I raced a mid 90's white Turbo hatchback with slicks on it at Moroso. This thing was blazingly fast. He ran a 11.39 @ 123 mph and I ran an 11.42 @ 126 mph. I had traction issues and got a shitty 60' as my high ET and high mph suggests. This was with 2.76" only and a 75-shot on my car at the time. I talked with the guy afterwards but I can't recall what size turbo and boost he was running, but he wasn't using any nitrous like I was. I was extremely impressed and from that night on I never underestimate anybody on the street or the track for that matter. Anyways, all take it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread