Crazy Install Day....

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
O.k. first and foremost, I have to say THANK YOU to Ian (Pitstain) for coming down today to drop off some parts and help install them too. He's doing a custom 3link setup on his truck so had no need for some parts that I wanted and he gave me a great deal on installing everything. From him I picked up a DMR Panhard bar kit with full diff bracket, DMR Spyder 2 Brace, and a rough country steering stabilizer. Then we also installed my new TA cover, strange ADJ shocks, and my stock shackles (truck was too low). We also found out that somehow my rear U-bolts from the T-bar brackets I had on, came loose and were barely hanging on and decided to remove them and put on the stock set up till I can get replacement ubolts. I was litterally in danger of having the rear of my truck basically fall out.

After installing everything all I can say is wow I wish I did all this stuff sooner. Between the added shock travel, and the adj stiffness the truck rides like a dream now. I cant wait to get some adj QA-1s in the front. Anyway I didnt get alot of them, but I did get some pics. Here they are....

The before photos....

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

The DMR Spyder 2 brace (how it attaches to the lower shackle bolt)
IMG_0007.jpg

Where the DMR Spyder 2 bolts to the frame using the factory holes
IMG_0008.jpg

Spyder 2 all installed
IMG_0009.jpg

The new TA Performance Rear Cover installed
IMG_0012.jpg

Strange Shock Installed
IMG_0013.jpg

Everythings done now, you can see the Pan Hard is the gold colored bar.
IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

I love how everything came out and couldnt be happier with the deal I got from Ian on the parts. Thanks again man !! Oh and before anyone asks why I didnt take any pics of the 2 trucks together its cuz I was under direct orders not to...lol. I was actually threatened with bodily harm if I did due to the dirtiness of Ians truck...lol

petermac

Established Member
i was thinking about getting that brace from dmr... how was the install? easy?

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
relatively straight forward. It helped Ian had done the install so he knew what needed to be done to set the truck up to make it simpler. Then with one of us on each end we got it in rather quickly....Just had to use a ratchet strap to get the 2 pass side frame bolt holes to line up...they were slightly off. no biggie though...I wouldnt hesitate to do it all over again.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
Had a blast helping out, droppin cigg butts all over the place, eating expensive long island pizza, and drinking diet pepsi putting you in the poor house!

BTW guys, somehow Josh managed to steer his truck with the rear wheels during the test drive, maybe it was the built motor? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread