Crazy Shit / F’ed Up Thread

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
The after math of the tsunami in Indonesia was unreal. We saw video of it as we were cruising there for relief operations but that first flight inland seeing it first hand will never be erased.

Yeah, they had no warning. How do you clean up a quarter million bodies. At least Japan had warning and they still had around 20k deaths.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Yeah, they had no warning. How do you clean up a quarter million bodies. At least Japan had warning and they still had around 20k deaths.
We didn't mess with the bodies. I do remember seeing body bags just lined along the streets though. Many of them were in the water and we didn't get there until about a week after the tsunami hit. You couldn't begin to count how many there were in the water.

We pretty much did nothing but medivac and food / water delivery from sun up to sun down.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
That tsunami was what, Christmas eve or something of 2004? 2006?

I can’t fathom death tolls approaching a quarter-half million and how there is no possible way to get a number even close to accurate as entire tribes and islands were washed away.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

That tsunami was what, Christmas eve or something of 2004? 2006?

I can’t fathom death tolls approaching a quarter-half million and how there is no possible way to get a number even close to accurate as entire tribes and islands were washed away.

Video translation to English:
“todayinthemilitaryworld
The terrible explosion that on August 4, 2020 destroyed the port area of the city of Beirut. The explosion is seen at 0:10, but the shock wave only reaches the camera at 0:37. Based on this data, how far away did the explosion occur?”

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Similar situation just happened in Port Townsend here. Court allowed a 3mo old baby to go back to the father who was homeless living in a tent in a park. He'd been caught cheating a piss test, and after just a few days the baby was found dead in its car seat in a bush. Last I heard they declined to charge the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread