Creaking noise in steering

MMcobra

Established Member
My cars has 9k on it and I’m sure from sitting something has dried up , does anyone get a creaking noise turning wheels at stop? I’ve greased tie rods. Rack bushings maybe?

Thanks

Attachments

• 3D414BA6-6AB9-42CB-AF94-8A4C503F34E8.jpeg
    3D414BA6-6AB9-42CB-AF94-8A4C503F34E8.jpeg
    431.2 KB · Views: 67

01yellercobra

Established Member
Probably the sleeves that the rack bushings mount on. It's a known issue. I think there was a TSB about it. A quick search on here should give you some info. Mine never creaked, but I went to MM bushings pretty soon after buying it.

MTBSully

Established Member
Probably the sleeves that the rack bushings mount on. It's a known issue. I think there was a TSB about it. A quick search on here should give you some info. Mine never creaked, but I went to MM bushings pretty soon after buying it.

I second this. My old 04 did that. Never figured out why until i replaced the k-member with tubular and put new bushings on there.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Had the same issue on my old car. The shop I had do the lowering kit, didn't grease the ball joints. I threw tons of parts at it until I figured out it was a simple fix.

delly

Established Member
I just ordered the mm aluminum bushings. Anybody use them? And from what I read on here a lot of people liked them.

Users who are viewing this thread